Fiverr should add a Clock on every profile

Guest hrpindrmann

Guest hrpindrmann

Fiverr should add a new feature. It should be something like that any seller/buyer can see everyone’s Country time. The time clock should be present on the profile of the every seller/buyer. So it will be easy to manage.

Hope, Fiverr will add a Time Clock on Profile page soon.

PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED FILE TO GET AN IDEA OF WHAT I AM SAYING. 😉 HAVE FUN

Not sure it would be helpful because if it’s 4 am in my area it doesn’t have to mean I’m asleep. I’d prefer some sort of ‘sleeping’ option which could be activated once every 24 hours. The way it could work would be:

-every user can activate it once every 24 hours
-duration can only be between 3-8 hours
-others can see that the seller is ‘sleeping’ on their profile
-they can still order, but the clock starts ticking only when the ‘sleeping period’ ends
-you can’t go ‘sleeping’ if you have an order on going (so you can’t delay the timer)
-during this period, a user’s response time is not affected
-you can manually end the ‘sleeping period’ but you can’t activate it again until 24 hours have passed (counts from the moment you activate it)

This would be nice if it could be implemented without affecting gigs’ placement in the search. Since it wouldn’t be like a vacation, orders could still be placed if buyers were willing to wait for you to ‘wake up’.

If nothing else, just give us an option to leave ‘sleeping’ or ‘away for a bit’ which does absolutely nothing besides letting someone know we might response a bit slower.

Being night time doesn’t mean one is sleeping. Each person has it’s own sleeping schedule.

Besides, who cares if I’m sleeping, out for a run, or at a Metallica concert.
If buyers want to know if I’m available in that precise moment, just need to send me a message with their request, and they’ll find out. I think that the time of the day is irrelevant.

I don’t know if I agree with all the other suggestions, but a clock that showed the seller’s local time relative to the buyer’s local time would be immensely useful. This would make buyers realize, “Oh, gee, I can’t expect a 20-minute turn-around because it’s 2am in wherever-the-seller-is.”

I’m not sure that adding a clock would really help. Some people are awake and working at 4 AM, and just because it’s noon, doesn’t mean that the seller is available to talk immediately.

I agree with belengarcia, if buyers want to know whether I can answer them instantly, they can easily find out by sending me a message. A clock or even ‘awake time’ doesn’t guarantee anything.

Reply to @catwriter: If they could, they would use it to delay the orders’ deadlines. I thought it’d be best if they finished their orders first, but maybe it’d be better to just let the clock keep ticking for ongoing orders even when the seller is ‘sleeping’. This would still let him prevent other orders from starting before he ‘woke up’. Although this could be used by people with 20+ orders to just take a break from new orders and just finish the ones at hand during the 3-8 hour period.

This is just a suggestion though. It wouldn’t even have to be ‘sleeping’. ‘On my daily break’ or ‘Away for a bit’ would be fine as long as we could let people know when we aren’t available.

Reply to @zeromark: I’ve just taken a look at your gig, so I get where you’re coming from. I don’t offer 24 hour delivery (let alone delivery within 5 hours), and I turn down buyers who must have it OMG superurgent superfast (preferably yesterday), so it makes no difference to me whether they place their order while I’m sleeping or while I’m awake. I see how it could help you, though.

Archived