Fiverr should block these Forum spammers via ip address [CLOSED]

esthernyambura

There is software in place that normally blocks it, though IP may not be used since these are not generated and they change addresses as fast as they can be blocked. As mentioned in the forum header, there are people working around the clock on this. It is frustrating for everyone. We appreciate support.

It actually has to be some of both, but ideally there is balance. Software can block an IP but a spammer uses many IP’s. Software can block keywords and that when you see spam that LoOks lIKe ThiS so they escaping any forgotten case code. Or, they post in s foreign language.

The human side gets the small spam and watchers for bot spammers with new tricks. We’ll get there again, you just saw my own frustration at recent changed that heavily impacted the forum block software and moderator roles. CRazEe! 😉

1. IP addresses can be changed in under 10 seconds
  2. If I block an IP address and it belongs to my local public library computers, anyone that goes to the public library computers will be banned because of the actions of 1
  3. I am in Canada, I can log out of Fiverr, then log back in and Fiverr’s servers could think I am in China, Kazakhstan or Kosovo within 30 seconds of my last log out.

Did you know, depending on your ISP, you can unplug the power chord from your modem, count 30 mississipis and plugin it back in, wait about 30-60 seconds reboot of your modem or less and voila new IP.

As you all can see, the worst of the bot spam is now under control thanks to the efforts of Fiverr development working with the forum admin/mod team. Thanks to all for reporting and I can tell you that the forum team is happy to have time to answer more questions and do something other than delete scam posts! 🙂 This thread is closed for now.

Archived