Fiverr Forum

Fiverr should implement the seller seniority to rank gigs

Hi,

More and more sellers invade fiverr, and more and more sellers pretend to be (experts) while they are not, and we as old sellers wheter you’re 3,5 or even 10 years old in fiverr, we are losing orders, fiverr should implement (seniority) in their ranking algorithms in order to maintain the old honest seller.

If you agree press like and let me know your opinion.

Thanks

4 Likes

So instead of adapting and overcoming the competition, you feel like your “seniority” should instead be enough for you to get guaranteed work on this platform?

This platform is a highly competitive marketplace. You need to step up your game if you feel like your category is flooded with new sellers.

By the way, if there was a “seniority favoritism” feature:

Your account is 3 years old.
Mine is 7 years old.

Thank you for playing.

(does that seem more fair to you?)

P.S. If you truly are an expert in your field, you should have NO problem showcasing that and standing out.

11 Likes

hmm, I should rather agree with you, as I am old enough compared to most people here. But I do NOT.

1. I suffered long enough because most western Capitalist so-called competitive companies today no longer care about proper performance reviews for their employees. It is more about how obedient you’ve been

2. If you watched CNN lately (I’ve been a fan for 13 years, but not anymore), there is a HUGE number of idiots with a tone of degrees and diplomas who have no clue what they say. Going back, nobody checks if their predictions became true (they do NOT - but who cares).

3. I’m old enough, as I said, but I would promote and push forward any 20 years old guy who does great things.

4. Where I actually agree with you is everybody can pretend to be an “expert” today without any proof. And no, I don’t always believe a guy with a tone of 5-star fiverr gigs is absolutely an expert. I’ve seen there are networks of “gig exchanges” and other stuff like that that fiverr doesn’t care much about. They should.

6 Likes

I disagree, and I have been here for a very long time. The first few years of my Fiverr account experience, I completely forgot about the site and did no work here. I think that’s true for quite a few people. Why should I get rewarded for that? Why should anyone who signed up long ago? They could have no clue what they’re doing and not offer any viable work to buyers.

This idea would also hurt Fiverr’s bottom line. No new sellers would sign up because they’d have no hope. Merit-based is the way to go, I think.

2 Likes

Nope.
I do not agree with you at all. It’s a competitive site. The fact that you have been here longer than others does not guarantee you a permanent top spot in the hierarchy.

Up your game, and you will stay up.

Well said. It needs to be based on what buyers want and what helps the company meet their objectives.

Time here alone means nothing.

Sellers who struggle will be more successful if they focus on what buyers want instead of what they want.

2 Likes

There’s no priority to senior seller. Who can make more money to fiverr he will ranked better.

1 Like

To be honest, this problem could be addressed just by automatically closing new seller accounts that don’t make any sales in 3-months after being setup. When I don’t use other platforms for a while, they send emails asking if I’m still active or saying they have paused my account.

There are some categories where you can go through up to 8 pages of search results and see gigs that have never sol a thing. This is problem given Fiverr’s mysterious way of suddenly shuffling gigs to the last page of results.

Take away all the gigs that never sell, and everything gets fairer for all active sellers, whether they are senior sellers or not.

7 Likes

They kind of do - or at least, used to. My first (they tanked, btw) couple of gigs sold nothing much until they had been deactivated 3 times by Fiverr - yes, at about 3 month intervals. It may be they’ve stopped doing that more recently. Don’t know. My gigs are totally different now and sell reasonably well …

You should be a Teacher where seniority matters more sometimes than talent.

1 Like

this will not happen because:

1. fiverr wants to present lots of merchandise, to encourage anyone to waste… sorry… spend his time here :wink:

2. having no sells (yet) could mean you are new. and there is a psychological advantage for older sellers, as people pick up sellers with more sales and reviews (I know I did).

what if they hide the number of reviews, to give an equal chance to everyone? :smiley: (just kidding…)

Don’t you think you already have an upper hand as in your 3 years here you would’ve been able to build your profile and proof your expertise?

You sound like one of those people that care more about making sure no one gets further than you, rather than going further yourself.

Go build your own profile, create more gigs, work on the existing one, etc…