Fiverr skill tests should remove

langahsahiib

A leading freelance Marketplace ****** has decided to not taking skill test and to remove pre-existing skill test badges on seller profile .That is good decision for new freelancers as i think?
So what you all community members think fiverr should also take same decision like that?

• Like 11
  • Confused 2

I believe the skills tests should say. If someone is going to claim to be a certain level speaker of a language, they should be able to back it up. Back when I had a Chinese translation gig, I revealed my 10/10 on all three of the English to Chinese tests. It gave me credibility so that buyers didn’t have to vet me as thoroughly to work on their manuscripts. The same goes for any other skill/knowledge that can be tested.

• Like 20

Here is one thing note able as many seller just watch youtube to pass the skill test and manipulate the test system.Also the most of buyers don’t see test score and they just focus on feedbacks.So it’s better to remove test system :roll_eyes:

Any seller too stupid to pass the test is too stupid to cheat properly. Fiverr doesn’t even let one leave the testing window.

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

Any seller too stupid to pass the test is too stupid to cheat properly. Fiverr doesn’t even let one leave the testing window.

Couldn’t agree more on this. I’m a new seller, and I have actually just taken the skill tests to back up my gigs, and I’m happy to do it as it refreshes me in some ways too.

• Like 9

• 3 years later...

I am a sworn translator in 5 languages, include English but ı failed the test, in the test there are wrong answers, you realised that you did a good job. The system manipulates you and you don’t care, just saying all the time it is ok. 
The tests doesn’t show your skill. İmagine you passed the test and you can’t speak English. So funny. 
This is not a job application just a gig and never guarantee your acceptance.

Also the same in Marketplace, ı have so many certificates but who cares. I graduated from visual communication design and ı failed. Not only this test, ı failed all the tests, but ı work for google. Fiverr team you are really comic because you find the questions in internet, one of them is like that: “who found the… “ I don’t care and wanna know… So silly.

Also they copied many quotations from Google and any other employees. 

Well, welcome to hell! 

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, arzu1982 said:

I am a sworn translator in 5 languages, include English but ı failed the test, in the test there are wrong answers, you realised that you did a good job.

Based on your sentence above, this is the reason the tests exist.  You believe that your English skills are of a good standard. However, it is abundantly clear that there are gaps in your knowledge and translation abilities. 

It's all well and good criticising the system and the process, but when there are issues on your end too, it makes you look a bit foolish. 

Sorry to be blunt, but I would expect a freelancer who claims to be fluent in English to demonstrate this in their posts. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

On 8/13/2019 at 6:13 PM, langahsahiib said:

.Also the most of buyers don’t see test score and they just focus on feedbacks

So if you think that most users don't see it (which I think is not loike that) why bother removing it. If you don't like the tests just don't take them.

As for the people who "cheats" on the test, well, you can usually detect them on the first "hello dear" or "bro", so is not necessary to even check for it on their profiles.

Edited by shalock
Grammar
  • Like 9