Fiverr Support changed a customer's review without my permission

psychicbunny

A customer originally was happy with their order 18 days ago and left 5-stars. Great!
Now I log in and this buyer changes their review - WITHOUT my permission through Fiverr Support.
I thought the ONLY way to change a review was through the Resolve button?

I’m making this topic to let Fiverr Support members know that through MY understanding, all review modifications need to be made through the Resolve button.

I’m so angry right now. This buyer sent me a TON of messages and I tried my best to respond to as many as possible. I could only answer so many and they leave a review saying I did not respond to them. WOW.

Some of these buyer frustrate me so much it’s insane.

A customer originally was happy with their order 18 days ago and left 5-stars. Great!

Now I log in and this buyer changes their review - WITHOUT my permission through Fiverr Support.

I’m making this topic to let Fiverr Support members know that through MY understanding, all review modifications need to be made through the Resolve button.

I’m so angry right now. This buyer sent me a TON of messages and I tried my best to respond to as many as possible. I could only answer so many and they leave a review saying I did not respond to them. WOW.

This literally scares me right now - I was so happy that buyers couldn’t change their reviews anymore, and now this happens? 😦

Support can’t/won’t change the review, but they can remove it, and then the buyer can leave a new one.

Support can’t/won’t change the review, but they can remove it, and then the buyer can leave a new one.

won’t change the review, but they can remove it, and then the buyer can leave a new one.

Isn’t this the same as changing it since they are basically allowing asking the buyer to leave a new review in place of the old one? Still, I don’t see why CS would remove a good buyer rating…

won’t change the review, but they can remove it, and then the buyer can leave a new one.

Isn’t this the same as changing it since they are basically allowing asking the buyer to leave a new review in place of the old one? Still, I don’t see why CS would remove a good buyer rating…

Isn’t this the same as changing it since they are basically allowing asking the buyer to leave a new review in place of the old one?

Technically not the same…

Still, I don’t see why CS would remove a good buyer rating…

There can be valid reasons for that. I’m not saying that’s the case here, but look at all the buyers complaining that they left a 5 star review because they thought they had to, even though the work wasn’t delivered.

I just got demoted to level 1.

You noted that you were “so angry right now”. Did you take any of that anger out on CS? It seems odd that you would be demoted to level 1 for this, unless you happened to lose your cool when communicating with CS. 😐

You noted that you were “so angry right now”. Did you take any of that anger out on CS? It seems odd that you would be demoted to level 1 for this, unless you happened to lose your cool when communicating with CS. 😐

You noted that you were “so angry right now”. Did you take any of that anger out on CS? It seems odd that you would be demoted to level 1 for this, unless you happened to loose your cool when communicating with CS. 😐

Not at all, I’m smarter than that. I just sent them a polite email and let them know.

The buyer reported me an hour ago so that’s probably why I got demoted. Because as you know, “the customer is allllways right” 🙂

You noted that you were “so angry right now”. Did you take any of that anger out on CS? It seems odd that you would be demoted to level 1 for this, unless you happened to loose your cool when communicating with CS. 😐

Not at all, I’m smarter than that. I just sent them a polite email and let them know.

The buyer reported me an hour ago so that’s probably why I got demoted. Because as you know, “the customer is allllways right” 🙂

Ah. Well… that sucks. I’m glad you kept your cool with CS, and equally sad to hear of the customer-driven level demotion.

Ah. Well… that sucks. I’m glad you kept your cool with CS, and equally sad to hear of the customer-driven level demotion.

I’m one of the best Psychics on this website, her loss that I won’t be working with her anymore.

I’m one of the best Psychics on this website, her loss that I won’t be working with her anymore.

I like your confidence. I can’t speak to your skills as a psychic (I don’t believe in the craft myself), but you’re right, bridges were burned. Her loss. It’s always best to be the one walking the high road. 🙂

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Well, it’s quite sad to see your profile with level 1 badge due to a one client report they can’t drain all of your efforts you have made on this platform. Total unjustice

Yeah, why in the world does she have a Level 1 badge? She has over 1500 5-star reviews…

The buyer doesn’t need YOUR permission to change THIER review. That is just entitled thinking.

The buyer doesn’t need YOUR permission to change THIER review. That is just entitled thinking.

It’s not entitled thinking, you just haven’t been here long enough to remember the way things were and how Fiverr changed the rules. 🙂 A while ago, buyers could change their reviews whenever they wanted, and some of them abused that in order to blackmail sellers (plus, some sellers kept begging buyers to change their reviews so they wouldn’t ruin their ratings, regardless of the actual quality of the work they delivered). Fiverr decided to change that, so, the only way for the buyer to change the review is if the seller sends a request through the Resolution Center (or if the buyer asks CS to remove the review).

It’s not entitled thinking, you just haven’t been here long enough to remember the way things were and how Fiverr changed the rules. 🙂 A while ago, buyers could change their reviews whenever they wanted, and some of them abused that in order to blackmail sellers (plus, some sellers kept begging buyers to change their reviews so they wouldn’t ruin their ratings, regardless of the actual quality of the work they delivered). Fiverr decided to change that, so, the only way for the buyer to change the review is if the seller sends a request through the Resolution Center (or if the buyer asks CS to remove the review).

How are reviewers supposed to review things that can take “up to 3 months to manifest” when the buyer only has up to 30 days to leave a review?

Archived