Hello I open a ticket for ( Order Completion rate 8% decreases automatically ) .issue not fixed Fiverr support . Yesterday order completion rate 2% decreases automatically. After I lost 8% and yesterday I lost 2% on my profile. Make sure are you facing this issue?
Just a question. Do you know how Order Completion work?
Yes. Someone on this community posted the same issue.
I don’t know why?
@blavaro But this part is so strange:
- Get it Done. For larger requests, do as much work as you can to the Gig before submitting at the deadline. Even if the finishing touches are missing, communicate clearly to the buyer that you’re delivering a near-complete draft and that you’ll make any final tweaks during the revisions stage of the order.
TOS telling that we deliver unfinished orders to avoid late deliveries?
@mizanexpert Your competition rate is a statistic in the last 60 days. So if you had late delivery or canceled order right now and you do not get new orders each passing day your rating will drop due to that order becoming the only order in 60 days statistics.
From the Fiverr Platform help center.
How is order completion calculated?
The Order Completion formula is the number of cancellations subtracted from 100% over the last 60 days total of orders, including buyer-initiated, seller-initiated, mutual cancellations and Customer Support. Note: There has been a recent update to order calculation. Previously, the formula included the lifetime history of orders, whereas with this update, it refreshes every 60 days.
I do not think you have an issue. I think you do not understand how order completion rate is figured.
Very strange since this is part of the TOS:
- The Deliver Work button may not be abused by Sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in these Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an Order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that Order after review, affect the Seller’s rating and result in a warning to Seller.
- Makes me wonder if they want to confuse us.
Hello, I am understand clearly Fiverr seller FAQ.
You know why Read the ToS is or isn’t the best advice?
- Fiverr may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, Fiverr will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use Fiverr after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, Fiverr will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
…and for the record, 5r doesn’t always notify us about these changes.
Did you cancel any orders in past two months?
If yes, then do not worry. It’s only because the previous completed orders aren’t being counted in the past 60 day period anymore. Just make sure you deliver the new orders on time, and it will become green again.
It´s a “large project” hint. Only Fiverr knows what exactly large project is…
This section comes from Help & Support article.
You know, ToS were created by lawyers, Help & Support article by Fiverr staff. ToS would overrule Help in case of serious dispute.
Contradictions exist almost everywhere but in this case sticking to ToS is better option imo.