Fiverr Forum

FIVERR takes 20% of shipping also!?

Okay, so i understand fiverr takes 20%

of Gigs.

But 20% of shipping also!?

OMG, THAT’S FOR SHIPPING & SHIPPING SUPPLIES

IT FORCES THE SELLERS TO OVERCHARGE, TO COMPENSATE

We are barely making profit after paying 20%, then waiting 14 days for the funds to clear, It’s not fair that fiverr takes 20% of shipping too…

ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS?

OR IS IT JUST ME?

Reply to @kjblynx: I don’t think eBay has any involvement with shipping. It’s the seller’s responsibility to arrange for that. eBay collects the shipping charges specified by the seller, remits it to the seller then bills the seller its commission for the entire transaction. Certainly not 20%. I guess it’s based on several factors. Probably starting around 11%.

Reasonable policy in theory, but the bulk of sales through Fiverr are low-dollar amounts, adding 20% to cover Fiverr’s commission can bump the gig price up enough to chase away buyers.

I remember a time when eBay was not charging commission on shipping charges. (a very short time) Sellers were charging a $1 for their product and $50 for shipping just to avoid the commission. eBay now charges commission on shipping charges. Water alway flows down hill.

Yeah, it is stupid and ridiculous. Is that a new thing?

lol yah 20% on shipping is ridiculous.

Reply to @itsyourthing: that’s my TOTAL GRIPE , IF I ONLY CHARGE $5…By charging $4 shipping to compensate for fiverr taking their 20% chases off my potential clients.

I know i’ve lost dozens of orders, because of shipping price.

It’s hurting EVERYONE’s bottomline.

shirtship said: that's my TOTAL GRIPE , IF I ONLY CHARGE $5...By charging $4 shipping to compensate for fiverr taking their 20% chases off my potential clients.

I know i've lost dozens of orders, because of shipping price.
It's hurting EVERYONE's bottomline.
I guess the only way around it is to not sell anything that requires shipping here.