Fiverr Templates

eliiclaire

So a few minutes ago, I got this email.

1538814794_Screenshot(630).thumb.png.783b2cddedf42b45ce3381259f3e5b79.png
Screenshot (630)915×789 199 KB

The “templates” have the images and color scheme pre-assigned. The only thing you need to add is a picture of yourself and some text.
I’m going to be honest, it seems like this really won’t help sellers. Along with having the whole issue of taking a while for the gig to update with each update, everyone’s gigs will probably start looking the same, especially if they aren’t familiar with customizing designs through PowerPoint.
Your thoughts?

Just got the same email.

I have absolutely no interest in using a publicly available generic image template on any of my gigs. Individuality is fairly important in the services I offer, so using a template would likely be detrimental to my efforts.

I can just imagine so many new, desperate sellers using these templates, then just swapping colors or moving things around, and the template document actually promotes that.

Just got the same email.

I have absolutely no interest in using a publicly available generic image template on any of my gigs. Individuality is fairly important in the services I offer, so using a template would likely be detrimental to my efforts.

I can just imagine so many new, desperate sellers using these templates, then just swapping colors or moving things around, and the template document actually promotes that.

I agree, it’s actually kind of frustrating to be honest.

I agree, it’s actually kind of frustrating to be honest.

Perhaps Fiverr staff are appalled at the look/quality of gig images posted by many sellers and think it reflects poorly on the platform; this is a means to try to improve how the site looks, even if it results in many similar looking gigs.

If it makes it a lot easier and faster for people to create gigs it might be okay. Maybe they aren’t sending that email to sellers with gigs in certain categories (eg. like the photoshop editing categories). I assume they think if the gig isn’t about creating images (or similar) then it doesn’t really matter that a template of theirs is used, as long as it looks professional enough. Maybe it will also reduce the copyright infrigement by some sellers who just pick an image from Google.

I don’t see why you’d need to add a picture of yourself though, maybe that’s just an example.

If it makes it a lot easier and faster for people to create gigs it might be okay. Maybe they aren’t sending that email to sellers with gigs in certain categories (eg. like the photoshop editing categories). I assume they think if the gig isn’t about creating images (or similar) then it doesn’t really matter that a template of theirs is used, as long as it looks professional enough. Maybe it will also reduce the copyright infrigement by some sellers who just pick an image from Google.

I don’t see why you’d need to add a picture of yourself though, maybe that’s just an example.

I understand where you’re coming from. I’m just concerned that everything will start looking the same. Each person’s service is different, so they really should create a unique image from scratch based on their services/work style (also provides a quality check, so the buyer doesn’t spend as much time having to read each description).

Archived