Fiverr testing new search placement algorithm

Looks like fiverr testing a new search placement algorithm on how your gig displayed.
Have anyone already experienced a difference?
I noticed that from standard 60 orders per month it went down to 4 orders in last weeks and almost no impressions which means that my gig is just not displayed in the search…

I had the same situation last month. Did you change title before your sales decrease?

oh, sorry to hear that! I hope that you sales came back to normal now.

No, didn’t change my title, just suddenly few weeks ago noticed very low activity and after few weeks contacted support team because it didn’t look normal

image.png.75e533c714377e3478ae5711b79d2c50.png

Don’t leave your income in the hands and at the mercy of algorithms…

What can you do when your sales have suddenly plummeted? For many people the solution is simple - come on to the forum and complain about something else which “must” have caused this. It is probable that an outside force has caused you to not get as many sales. What is also probable is that you have no control over this “outside force”. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good rant or moan every now and then as much as the next guy but I never expect my moan or rant to actually change anything. When …

oh, sorry to hear that! I hope that you sales came back to normal now.

No, didn’t change my title, just suddenly few weeks ago noticed very low activity and after few weeks contacted support team because it didn’t look normal

My sales decreased when i changed gig title) I’ve contacted support and they are solved my problem, sales came back to normal.

Don’t leave your income in the hands and at the mercy of algorithms…

What can you do when your sales have suddenly plummeted? For many people the solution is simple - come on to the forum and complain about something else which “must” have caused this. It is probable that an outside force has caused you to not get as many sales. What is also probable is that you have no control over this “outside force”. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good rant or moan every now and then as much as the next guy but I never expect my moan or rant to actually change anything. When …

I think this is a bit irrelevant to this topic 😉

Right now I’m not talking about this points that you discuss in your topic:

1 Too many sellers offer the same thing - 48%

2 Buyers won’t buy from new sellers - 23%

3 Buyers won’t buy from level 1 sellers - 12%

4 I don’t get orders since I became level 1/2 - 12%

But this is more an FYI that fiverr testing a new system how sellers will be displayed in the search engine system and now it will depend on many factors, not only you rating, order completion etc it will also depend on how fast you responding on your messages. E.g if you and other seller has the same rating but he is responding messages in less time then his gig will be now displayed on top of yours.

So the biggest advise is to keep up with your statistics to be always on top of it 😉

But this is more an FYI that fiverr testing a new system how sellers will be displayed in the search engine system and now it will depend on many factors, not only you rating, order completion etc it will also depend on how fast you responding on your messages. E.g if you and other seller has the same rating but he is responding messages in less time then his gig will be now displayed on top of yours.

So the biggest advise is to keep up with your statistics to be always on top of it 😉

Advice on getting more sales at times when sales are low is irrelevant to a topic talking about how sales are low because of the algorithm? OK then.

Fiverr are ALWAYS testing things, ALWAYS trying things out etc.

The point of my linked post is that there are always reasons to be found for not getting sales but there are always things one can do to rectify it.

now it will depend on many factors, not only you rating, order completion etc it will also depend on how fast you responding on your messages. E.g if you and other seller has the same rating but he is responding messages in less time then his gig will be now displayed on top of yours.

I think you are taking a lot more from that template response you got than is actually intended.

Hi,same thing happened with me.my best selling gigs impression going down.

Advice on getting more sales at times when sales are low is irrelevant to a topic talking about how sales are low because of the algorithm? OK then.

The point of my linked post is that there are always reasons to be found for not getting sales but there are always things one can do to rectify it.

now it will depend on many factors, not only you rating, order completion etc it will also depend on how fast you responding on your messages. E.g if you and other seller has the same rating but he is responding messages in less time then his gig will be now displayed on top of yours.

I think you are taking a lot more from that template response you got than is actually intended.

I took it from their another reply where I asked them about specific factors that will be taken into account 😉

I took it from their another reply where I asked them about specific factors that will be taken into account 😉 The reply you posted above was already posted by someone else recently, but I didn’t see one about specific factors yet, I think.

ALWAYS keeping us in suspense. ALWAYS surprising us like a surprise birthday party of misery.

I’m finding my #1 gig on the first row, but I haven’t gotten any sales in the past 2 days.

I don’t know what’s going on.

Too much, too often, too soon. Every change has unforeseen consequences, bugs, etc. It’s why people get frustrated.

I’m finding my #1 gig on the first row, but I haven’t gotten any sales in the past 2 days.

I don’t know what’s going on.

Too much, too often, too soon. Every change has unforeseen consequences, bugs, etc. It’s why people get frustrated.

Out of the first few rows, there are a total of 7 orders in people’s queues.

Everyone has 3 days or less, 4 are with one guy who offers 10 brand names+domain names+logo design all for $10. I think it must be a time when only the cheapest of the cheap are ordering brand names.

Personally, I would suggest you get out of that market and move up the ladder a bit to higher quality service and better price. How long do you spend making 10 brand names? An hour maybe? Cut it down to 3 brand names, work on them for 2 hours instead and charge $50. Deliver the brand names with a short paragraph on the meaning of each one, along with a the name in a sentence:

eg. Forever 21 is the best place to get shoes

Strawberry Blondes do the best highlights in Manhatten.

As an extra, or even for free, offer a strapline on whichever name they pick.

You cant and won’t compete with the ones doing way too much for $10 so stop trying - step up the quality of service and end product and leave the crowd behind. You will also find that you actually enjoy working when you are getting paid properly.

Giving 10 brand names is basically saying - there is a good chance that you will hate 90% of what I do so I am hoping you like the 10%. Cut back on the excess, cut out the useless stuff and give a totally different product.

Hmmm. Maybe I need to make a Brand Name gig… 😛

Everyone has 3 days or less, 4 are with one guy who offers 10 brand names+domain names+logo design all for $10. I think it must be a time when only the cheapest of the cheap are ordering brand names.

Personally, I would suggest you get out of that market and move up the ladder a bit to higher quality service and better price. How long do you spend making 10 brand names? An hour maybe? Cut it down to 3 brand names, work on them for 2 hours instead and charge $50. Deliver the brand names with a short paragraph on the meaning of each one, along with a the name in a sentence:

You cant and won’t compete with the ones doing way too much for $10 so stop trying - step up the quality of service and end product and leave the crowd behind. You will also find that you actually enjoy working when you are getting paid properly.

Giving 10 brand names is basically saying - there is a good chance that you will hate 90% of what I do so I am hoping you like the 10%. Cut back on the excess, cut out the useless stuff and give a totally different product.

Hmmm. Maybe I need to make a Brand Name gig

I was thinking the same thing about half way through your post lol

How long do you spend making 10 brand names? An hour maybe?

15 minutes or less, 5 to 10 minutes usually. It’s a brainstorming.

Cut it down to 3 brand names, work on them for 2 hours instead and charge $50.

I just don’t know if I’ll get orders with those prices. What if charging $50 means more revision requests? More complaints? More negative reviews?

I suppose eventually I will have to follow your advice, try something different.

Hmmm. Maybe I need to make a Brand Name gig

Be careful what you wish for. There is nothing more personal than a brand name, and clients can be extremely difficult. You might think that Bart’s Box is a great brand name, but your client might hate it and give you a 1-star review, or demand a revision or a refund.

My other gigs are much easier, but less lucrative.

Cut it down to 3 brand names, work on them for 2 hours instead and charge $50. Deliver the brand names with a short paragraph on the meaning of each one, along with a the name in a sentence:

I had one of my ESL buyers whom I had proofread his Amazon product description for come to me and ask me to proofread the ten brand names he had thought of. They also wanted me to comment on the meaning of each to an American. I can see I way undercharged them. 😱

Archived