Fiverr Wanting My Phone Number

mathewssm

The fact that I have bought and paid for multiple gigs proves who I am and that I pay as well as tip. They claim it is for security but I am not interested in Fiverr having my phone number. If it is a requirement to keep using Fiverr then that is their problem and I do not need them.

Honestly, after 7 years on this platform and having gone through one bad hacking event where I lost hard earned money, the phone verification is one of the best security features I could’ve wished for, and it makes sense since other big players use this method as well, such as Big “G” 😉

I now feel a lot safer knowing that other people cannot hack my account again since there’s only 1 phone number associated with my account and that’s my phone.

If you don’t have something to hide, it shouldn’t be much of a problem to verify your phone 😃

P.S. did you know that a lot of fake spamming/scamming sellers were removed from Fiverr just with this feature alone?! It’s crazy good 😃 It makes the entire marketplace be less spammy 😉

Honestly, after 7 years on this platform and having gone through one bad hacking event where I lost hard earned money, the phone verification is one of the best security features I could’ve wished for, and it makes sense since other big players use this method as well, such as Big “G” 😉

I now feel a lot safer knowing that other people cannot hack my account again since there’s only 1 phone number associated with my account and that’s my phone.

If you don’t have something to hide, it shouldn’t be much of a problem to verify your phone 😃

P.S. did you know that a lot of fake spamming/scamming sellers were removed from Fiverr just with this feature alone?! It’s crazy good 😃 It makes the entire marketplace be less spammy 😉

Phone verification doesn’t do much to prevent hacking but it does prevent allot of phishing and other type of scams where users are tricked in to giving their passwords, security answers etc.

I haven’t verified my phone yet and im not sure if it will work as its a service number. Still its just 3.50€ to setup a separate number for fiverr and slap the sim card in the server.

Guest phantompower

The fact that I have bought and paid for multiple gigs proves who I am and that I pay as well as tip. They claim it is for security but I am not interested in Fiverr having my phone number. If it is a requirement to keep using Fiverr then that is their problem and I do not need them.

It’s so they can call you and wish you good night.

Archived