Fiverr wants our phone number, but is there any way to call Fiverr?

ebturner

I’ve been trying to verify my number here in the USA, but after several failed attempts it has locked me out for 48 hours. Really?!? Sure, I have 30 days…but I have this irritating red bar AND the Fiverr bar now taking up a nice chunk of the page. There is nothing “wrong with my number” as its been working all day long! lol!

I don’t see any way to call Fiverr, as they don’t disclose their phone number. Not for nothing but why are they wanting our phone numbers anyways? I don’t buy the claim it makes things more secure when anyone can purchase a preloaded cell phone this day and age. While I’m trying to comply with this craziness, I’m not having any luck.

2017-04-04_222421.jpg.1072af85d0014a84faee0e1eee6aead9.jpg

2017-04-04_213822.thumb.jpg.4f247cf5824ee451c5fb6be29667e46d.jpg

I’ve been trying to verify my number here in the USA, but after several failed attempts it has locked me out for 48 hours. Really?!? Sure, I have 30 days…but I have this irritating red bar AND the Fiverr bar now taking up a nice chunk of the page. There is nothing “wrong with my number” as its been working all day long! lol!

I don’t see any way to call Fiverr, as they don’t disclose their phone number. Not for nothing but why are they wanting our phone numbers anyways? I don’t buy the claim it makes things more secure when anyone can purchase a preloaded cell phone this day and age. While I’m trying to comply with this craziness, I’m not having any luck.

I don’t see any way to call Fiverr, as they don’t disclose their phone number.

Fiverr’s numbers are available but they have many branches. Here is HQ if you really want it:

Fiverr International, Ltd.

12 HaOmanim Street

Tel Aviv, 6789731

Israel

972-3-631-7882

They want to make your account safe for you with 2 step verification. Also if you lose your account somehow you can recover it with “one time password” on your phone. It’s common practice nothing to worry about.

It’s common practice nothing to worry about

I use strong passwords and my accounts have never been hacked on any platform. I’m not worried.

So I don’t appreciate giving out my personal number to Fiverr for any reason. If this is forced on users then I’d be willing to back my bags and move out 😛

Well I hate giving out any information like numbers, names, addresses to anyone I don’t know, all the more to companies where it will be available to lots of staff I don’t know and potentially available for all future site hacks. I prefer to shop in brick and mortar shops and with cash too when possible at all.
As long as it stops with a phone number for account and funds security and verification and to fight the problem of scanners, people with multiple accounts, review rings, the bad rep in the wake of all that and such, I can understand it, which still doesn’t mean I have to like it, I earn some good money on this site though for work I like to do and it has advantages to do that same work here than offline, so giving them a mobile number against packing my virtual suitcase… well, I’m still here.

I don’t like it though, and if there is a better way to get the same results, I’d prefer that, but I don’t know if there is.

Having a company number on some website isn’t the same as a company having our number though, anyhow, those two things are different beasts.

I’m not against change and technical advancements, but I’d like to keep my freelancing gig separate from my personal life. On this site I use my nickname, I have a special email address, a separate PayPal account and I have not linked it to any of my personal social media accounts.
I’m not planning to get a phone number just for Fiverr and I don’t wish to share my personal number with Fiverr staff. At the end of the day, this info is accessible for people who make mistakes. There’s nothing Fiverr can do to guarantee 100% security. There is no such thing.

I haven’t paid much attention to this phone verification because I would assume that it won’t be the only sign in option. There have to be some alternatives out there. Not everyone has a phone number, even a personal number that they can constantly use to sign in. It would mean that some sellers will be forced to leave which leads to less sales 🙂

I’m not against change and technical advancements, but I’d like to keep my freelancing gig separate from my personal life. On this site I use my nickname, I have a special email address, a separate PayPal account and I have not linked it to any of my personal social media accounts.

I’m not planning to get a phone number just for Fiverr and I don’t wish to share my personal number with Fiverr staff. At the end of the day, this info is accessible for people who make mistakes. There’s nothing Fiverr can do to guarantee 100% security. There is no such thing.

I haven’t paid much attention to this phone verification because I would assume that it won’t be the only sign in option. There have to be some alternatives out there. Not everyone has a phone number, even a personal number that they can constantly use to sign in. It would mean that some sellers will be forced to leave which leads to less sales 🙂

@uxreview But what if you cannot withdraw your money coz you haven´t verifed your number?

@uxreview But what if you cannot withdraw your money coz you haven´t verifed your number?

@fitrigwrites4u

It won’t happen overnight because I’m an existing user, so I can withdraw my funds before this. If I’m waiting for funds to be cleared then I can temporarily use a random landline to confirm my identity over a phone, take out my money and leave then. In the FAQ it says that it doesn’t have to be a mobile, verification can be done over a landline.

Luckily for me this is a hobby, I don’t depend on this platform.

@arslanlb Yes, it has very little to do with the security. It’s just a bonus 🙂
If it’s about security then how come buyers don’t have to verify their accounts with a phone number? FAQ only mentions sellers and you can still use your account, but you won’t be able to sell anything.

Most likely this is done for a couple of reasons

• get rid of old accounts
  • verify seller’s location
  • there will be % of users who won’t or can’t withdraw all their funds 😈
  • get more personal info from sellers, so that when s*it hits the fan, there is another way to track the user down for legal reasons. It’s much easier to fake your IP and create dummy email accounts than get a random phone number that is not linked to you in any way.

Still nothing from support. I’m sure they are overwhelmed with complaints and problems about this. I’m still locked out from trying again. I know nothing is wrong with my phone number. Now the waiting game for support…

(hope they don’t suggest clearing my cache again…lol!)

@fonthaunt thank you for the details, much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing from support. I’m sure they are overwhelmed with complaints and problems about this. I’m still locked out from trying again. I know nothing is wrong with my phone number. Now the waiting game for support…

(hope they don’t suggest clearing my cache again…lol!)

@fonthaunt thank you for the details, much appreciated.

Same problem here, I can see the problem is for a lot of people. Please post if anything clears

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t see any way to call Fiverr, as they don’t disclose their phone number.

Fiverr’s numbers are available but they have many branches. Here is HQ if you really want it:

Fiverr International, Ltd.

12 HaOmanim Street

Tel Aviv, 6789731

Israel

972-3-631-7882

Hi

Thank you for providing your phone number

but un-fortunately we can not get in touch with you.

I just tried to dial this number and some system directly ping me /returned back a blank noise signal.

Is there any working time graphic/schedule that we can call you at ?

Regards,

Pepita

Hi

I just tried to dial this number and some system directly ping me /returned back a blank noise signal.

Regards,

Pepita

I’m curious about why anyone would want to call fiverr? For what purpose?

fonthaunt is not an employee of fiverr. She is a seller like all of us and just volunteers on the forum. Fiverr doesn’t want us to call them. They want us to contact them through customer support.

Hi

Regards,

Pepita

That number is for the Fiverr headquarters and I doubt anyone is there on the weekends. If you know someone personally who works there, ask them for their direct line. Customer Support is an entirely different office and their contact is through the ticketing system. The only legitimate reason I can think of someone would need the Israel office is to apply for a full time position and they have forms for those positions here.

Archived