Fiverr wants to take my earned money?

insta_fiver

Hi!

I have bad situation with withdrawals of my earned money.

15/12/2014 my account was permanently disabled and support said that I must wait safety period of 45 days.

Today this period finished and I gave all verification info - my Payoneer ID and scan of my passport.

But I got answer from support: “information provided doesn’t match our records and we cannot allow you access to this account”.

As it turned out I got this answer because I created my account when I was at another country (different with my citizenship what I provided in my passport), and because of that I can’t withdraw my money.

It is mean if I created account let’s say when I was at USA (study or trip) and if I am citizen of England - I can’t withdraw my earned money???

Is that honest???

Please advise what I can to do??

I provided all correct info about my account, I waited 45 days, and now I can’t take my earned money because I am not citizen of that country in which my account was created!!

I worked hard to earn this money!

HELP!!!

Guest peppermint_wish

i had $4 in my account for more than a year… maybe for about 2 years?.. it never left my account until i was able to withdraw.

You must have done something wrong when you submitted the info. try again?

don’t you have paypal? I too have a payoneer card that i constantly use, but i didn’t link it to fiverr because i think the process is too complicated 😕 i wish we could just put the card number in a form [like other freelancing sites are doing], instead of having to apply for another one…

Reply to @peppermint_wish:

I got this answer from support:

"This is a Canadian account and the information doesn’t match our records. We cannot help you further here. Thank you for understanding."

And yes account was created in Canada but I am citizen of other country and now living not in Canada.

But could it is be the reason of the failure to withdraw my earned money???

My account not attached to Paypal, only to Payoneer…

Please advise what I can do…

Hi sorry to hear that situation, but it’s very strange fiverr will never keep money if you earned them in a legal way, you tell that you have a $600 in your account you don’t have a badge of seller that means that you can’t make extra orders for a big money, so if you earned $600 it means you make about 120 order so where is your 2 level seller badge? and you join to fiverr community in 2015 so there is a 2 level seller with extra gig’s don’t earn that much money I think your situation is a weird, fiverr is the best place to make your business here is working great people and fiverr always take care about and never cheat so please excuse me but I don’t believe you, thank you for your understand

Guest peppermint_wish

Reply to @insta_fiver: your profile says you’re from Ukraine… not Canada.

You also have no description, and no gigs… “earned money?” how did you earn $600 in less than a month?

i admit i didn’t look at yor account, like darrendesign below did. just now i did, after reading his reply.

i can’t help you further simply because i’m not very experienced in this area. what i wanted to say is that fiverr doesn’t take anyone’s earned money.

I DO advise you to start telling true stories because your nose will reach me soon enough, Pinocchio. 😉

Reply to @peppermint_wish:

Reply to @darrendesign:

I’m not trying to introduce someone into error or to tell a lie.

I do have a problem and I ask for help or advice from those who can help. My old account was created more than 2.5 months ago.

Now I can not even enter into it because it blocked by support.

And of course I could not register with the old account on this forum.

Before you condemn me for lying consider whether it is right!

You can not be afraid of these situations until they touched you!

Still need help.

Who have any idea what I can do - please advise.

A few questions…why was your account disabled back in Dec. to begin with? When did you start selling on Fiverr and what kind of gigs?

Living in a country for a few months does not give you citizenship so why would you put anything other than your real citizenship down. As I am not a seller, so am not sure about the sign up process for that, but is it only required to put your address, is that what you mean when you are talking about citizenship? When you left the country did you change your address? When were you selling and when did you leave the country? IP addresses on computers are surely always recorded so they know when someone’s location changes I would imagine.

Also with regards to the Payoneer thing, I looked up that site it says you get to transfer the money to a prepaid debit card or local bank transfer - so does that work in Canada and wherever you are now? Did you have it tied to a Canadian bank?

You can certainly understand how Fiverr might be cautious that someone from another country is now trying to claim funds as there are hackers all over the world. What were you doing in Canada? Were you going to school, do you have a form from the registrar of the school you attended? Do you have any old bills from the address you lived at? Maybe you can resubmit additional proof, copies of plane tickets to and from, school records, mail sent to you there, things like that. Just an idea as I do not know the rules of Fiverr payouts. You may want to read through the fine print of Terms of Service or something to see if you can figure out any details.

Oh and was that response you got from support an automated written reply or from a person.

Reply to @sincere18:

Support said that my account was disabled because: '…system has brought to our attention irregular purchasing activity originating from your electronic location…"

I started selling around 2.5 months ago, I sell promotion services in Instagram (followers and likes).

I was at Canada when I registered my Fiverr account but now I am living in Ukraine and in my passport specified Ukraine (I am citizen of Ukraine from my birth).

After safety period I must gave to support my Payoneer ID which already was attached to my account and photo of my passport. Due to the fact that in my passport specified not Canada - support said that I can’t withdraw money.

Also my account was attached to Payoneer long time before it was disabled.

I am owner of this account and I earned this money but support don’t give me to withdraw it.

Reply to @insta_fiver: You have some very big challenges here and I am not sure you can fix them. Your experience indicates that Fiverr is tightening up on some common problems and may serve as a warning to others. Im going to start with facts and a temporary assumption that there was no intention to deceive. I’m going to spell this out in case it helps anyone. On face value you start with these challenges:

-You created your account with a Canadian IP but Fiverr is now aware you are not Canadian.

-You were selling social media likes/follows. Most of the people selling these state in the gig that they are selling real or organic likes although this is rarely true and they know it.

-Fiverr found some kind of irregular activity associated with your account.

Even if you were really in Canada and you could somehow get a large number of real people to like Instagram accts, you must understand how it looks. There are so many accounts right now that obtained their accounts via proxy and most choose either USA, UK, or Canada because they believe that sales are better overall for people in these countries. Even if you are telling pure truth, do you see why it looks false?

Fiverr loves money and loves those who earn it here. They don’t like to block accounts that can make $600 fast. Since they blocked yours for irregular activity, they have real reason to believe your account had a big problem. I wouldn’t be surprised if the money in your account is gone and Fiverr doesn’t get their share either. It may have gone back to the buyers.

Even if you could still get the money, you have to prove you told the truth. Not explain it, prove it to them. It isn’t your own earned money at all if you misrepresent yourself. Give them proof (easy if true) that you were physically in Canada at the time you claim. If not true, admit openly that you used a proxy and tell them why. If you were selling likes without using fake accounts and a bot, share with Fiverr how you were able to do that. If you were using fake accounts, say it up front. If you used your real name on your account the passport should match it. This is a

super tough one as I think lots of sellers use pseudonyms.

If you can prove that stuff, you might get your funds. If you can’t you may have to walk away from that account. You could help other sellers by letting people know in the forums what can happen if they make mistakes.

fonthaunt said: -You created your account with a Canadian IP but Fiverr is now aware you are not Canadian.

-You were selling social media likes/follows. Most of the people selling these state in the gig that they are selling real or organic likes although this is rarely true and they know it.

-Fiverr found some kind of irregular activity associated with your account.

Yes, all correct.

fonthaunt said:

Even if you were really in Canada and you could somehow get a large number of real people to like Instagram accts, you must understand how it looks. There are so many accounts right now that obtained their accounts via proxy and most choose either USA, UK, or Canada because they believe that sales are better overall for people in these countries.

You right I used Canadian proxy because buyers not believe sellers from Ukraine, Russia etc, and they don't want to work with people from such countries, but I think it can't be reason of to take my earned money....

What you think about it?

Are you having a problem with Payorneer or Fiverr. Who did you send your documents of support to? You replied above and said this:

"After safety period I must gave to support my Payoneer ID which already was attached to my account and photo of my passport. Due to the fact that in my passport specified not Canada - support said that I can’t withdraw money."

A few additional questions for you:

When you signed up for Fiverr - what address and information did you provide to Fiverr?

(don’t give us your address here in a public forum, but was it something like: 123 Jones St., Ontario, CA)

When you signed up for Payoneer ID Account - what address and information did you provide to them? (was it the same address you gave to Fiverr?)

And according to the Payoneer website you either have to withdraw your money through a pre-paid debit card or a local bank. So did you have a debit card mailed to you from Payoneer? Or which local bank did you register with them?

fonthaunt said: Even if you could still get the money, you have to prove you told the truth. Not explain it, prove it to them.

I already gave them my Payoneer ID which was attached to my Fiverr account before it was disabled. Also I never change password or Email which associated to my Fiverr account (if I was scammer I already changed it to new).

Also I gave them date when I created my account.

All what I get till now - ignore from Fiverr support..

Reply to @insta_fiver: I think that you should have been honest from the beginning and told support and the people on this forum that you were using a proxy instead of lying and making up a false story about traveling to Canada. Now, since you lied about traveling to Canada, how can support believe that you are not lying about any other details?

Keep in mind that it’s a weekend and it may take a few days to get a reply from Fiverr to begin with.

I’m still questioning where the issue is. You don’t seem to want to answer the questions above, as to whether the address you entered into Fiverr matched the one entered into Payoneer and if you already had your prepaid card mailed to you, or what bank you were planning to withdraw from?

https://www.payoneer.com/ReceiveWithdraw.aspx

Did you ever take a withdrawl from Fiverr through Payoneer? Have you ever used Payoneer for anything else and if so, how did you physically get your money?

Archived