Beware! If you’re new to Fiverr you’ll want to read ALL of this…I just had a gig where a buyer sent me an order and it started off like this:
- Buyer places his order for a voice over and sends this:
Would love it ASAP please
- Me: What would you like me to say? I have quite a few orders ahead of you but will try. You can order express if it’s really important and I’ll move you to the front of the line, but either way I’m going to need you to send me a script. Thanks, John
- Buyer: I did! it’s this… [THERE WAS NOTHING THERE]
- Buyer: Told you it was short [NOW I’M THINKING THIS GUY IS A TROLL]
- Me: I don’t have time for this…please accept this mutual cancellation.
- Buyer: Why are you trying to cancel?
- Me: Did you read my reason in the mutual cancellation request? Please stop the harassment. I’ve got a full load. Thanks, John
- Buyer: Wow! What great customer service.
Then the buyer goes on to decline the mutual cancellation twice. Now I’m really thinking he’s a troll. I cancel again and start checking the thread about every 15-30 minutes. About 6 hours later I get a notification saying the buyer has updated the thread. Only problem I scroll to the bottom and see no update. I’m thinking, “what the hell”. So, I refresh several times, check again, and again…
The update was message 4) If you’re reading this carefully you’ll see that I left 4) out above.
Here’s his message: 4) DISCOVER HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE TONIGHT, FROM THE FUN “MICRO JOBS” THAT EVERYONE’S TALKING ABOUT.
Fiverr reviewed it because of the word, “MONEY” and delayed it. So, I’m thinking this guy is a troll and he’s thinking I’m a jerk. Truth is I would’ve stopped what I was doing to spend 3 to 5 minutes recording this short blurb. Instead, because of Fiverr’s review policies I now have a buyer who thinks I’m an uncaring jerk.
So the moral of this story. I understand the policy and why Fiverr does it, but they should figure out a way to mark the message as, “Content Under Review”…
Makes me wonder about past messages I’ve sent and how many of those were delayed. SMH, I will be more careful in the future. I’m going to make sure my buyers are aware of delays but Fiverr could make it easier by BANNING people after the fact INSTEAD of disrupting the business of honest, loyal buyers and sellers.