Fiverr's Terrible Customer Service

poshhunkjr

Am I the only one dealing with this horrendous customer service? Fiverr cancelled an order I had already delivered to the customer and now they won’t reply back to me. I had already delivered this order so the customer can be using the spreadsheet that I sent and didn’t have to pay a thing. There was no arbitration process, in fact Fiverr didn’t even consult with me before they canceled the order. I have been trying to get this resolved with Kenn (Fiverr Customer Support) and it still shows open but I haven’t heard anything back since May 18th. I’m just curious if anyone else has a similar story or issue with Fiverr customer service. Btw my tip for sellers is be very carful Fiverr can cancel an order on you at any time even after you have delivered it.

Sad to know this but my experience with the fiverr team was great…they replied me instantly and accurately on time … and as long as cancellation is concern then i think there is mutual cancellation option on fiverr where cancellation is only possible if it is accepted by both the buyer and the seller…

What you are describing with a no-mediation cancellation sounds like the buyer pulled a fast one on you and Fiverr. What they probably did is to contact
PayPal or their bank credit card and dispute the transaction. Fiverr can’t stop them from doing that and everybody foreseen it happens. You and Fiverr both lose their payment and Fiverr shuts down the buyer account because they broke ToS. Check and see if the buyer still has an account.

It’s very unusual for a ticket to be unanswered since May. I get responses within 2 days at most. Did you check in your junk mail folder or deleted mail.

They’re pretty good to me. Just as well, as my current insane buyer now wants to cancel instead of sending modification request in type (they printed out my work and made editing notes in bad handwriting that I could barely read). But yes, @fonthaunt’s on the money.

So how long should a person wait for a proper response? I logged a ticket with them 22hours ago as I had an issue purchasing a gig using bitcoin and the time allotted expired before the transaction went through cause my wallet do manual transactions for security purposes. But after the time given expired, the transaction went through. Now I paid for a gig I didn’t get. Contacted the seller and she said I had to contact support. So how long am I suppose to wait???

yes… horrible customer service… I brought my issue here- hoping to get some sort of help… the seller is waiting for my payment-- im waiting for the purchase confirmation to go through which is sent 2x! and emailed customer service… 3 x… and basically got “we are trying our best” type of response… how is that gonna answer the issue… 😦

sorry but I completely disagree with you. Fiverr support is one of the best support I ever seen. They are very cooperative, i don’t know what happen in your case, yes support can cancel order anytime but not without reason. Also fiverr gives upper hand to buyers, so sometime it cause trouble but nothing is perfect take it as a part of work.

Yeah. They didn’t respond until CS wrote back and they’ve gone from “plz mod” to “THIS WORK IS THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN”. Well, OK, so I just did the mods based on the awful pic and sent it back.

I’m sure the drama ain’t finished!

Sounds like the buyer hit you with a PayPal chargeback. It happens, and apparently Fiverr can’t do anything about. There are cynics who say that Fiverr just rolls over for PayPal, but seeing as Fiverr is losing money on it, I doubt they’re happy with this scenario, either.

Well two days have past now and still yet to see any response. Thank you admin. I only logged the one ticket. So I’m still waiting. I tweeted my request number Request #1491866 to them. Still waiting. So frustrating when you see your request on open status after 2 days. Anyway I guess I just have to wait 😦

It’s been 3 days now. Still no answer and guess what now my ticket has been moved from Eddie to Hugo but still in open status and still no response from them and still unresolved and I still paid for a gig I didn’t get. So what now? Should I still smile and say customer service is great and be patient??? You be the judge 😦

• 8 months later...

On February 28, I was requested to do a flyer which I did and completed within a few hours.
I realized I made a small error and resent the flyer 5 minutes later.

On March 1st, the client asked for small changes. Within 2 hours of that request, I completed the changes and sent back to the client. That same day, less than 20 minutes later, the client approved the flyer with an email “looks great - lets keep in touch”.

It is now late March and I have yet to be paid for this order. I have contacted the customer service team numerous times over the past few weeks about getting paid. I have gotten the run-around from customer service saying the order wasn’t completed, etc despite clearly reading the email from the client who was satisfied and uploading the files. Now customer service is telling me I won’t get paid for another 14 days which will put us at early April for a job I completed and was approved on March 1st. Conveniently I doubt this website will pay me for the interest for this job. My personal opinion is that nobody that I have corresponded with at customer service seems willing to fix this situation so I can get paid immediately.

On March 22nd, the same client reached out to me for a 2nd flyer. I completed the job within a few hours, the same day, and sent it to the client. Today, March 23rd the client requested changes which I made again, within a few hours of the request. However, since the client did not create a new request, it appears I will not be getting paid for this job. I emailed the customer service about this and of course, the representative emailed me back giving me instructions on how to request a new order. Shouldn’t that email go to the client and not myself?

So to humor the customer service reps, I followed the instructions: “Once logged in, from the main menu, click the Inbox icon and Open a message within the list.” However, the client never emailed me, they have contact me through the original order, which was completed and approved within 24 hours of the original request. So the stupid instructions that I was given to start a custom order is null and void.

I am just in shock about this. I never have these kinds of issues through other freelance websites.

On February 28, I was requested to do a flyer which I did and completed within a few hours.

On March 1st, the client asked for small changes. Within 2 hours of that request, I completed the changes and sent back to the client. That same day, less than 20 minutes later, the client approved the flyer with an email “looks great - lets keep in touch”.

It is now late March and I have yet to be paid for this order. I have contacted the customer service team numerous times over the past few weeks about getting paid. I have gotten the run-around from customer service saying the order wasn’t completed, etc despite clearly reading the email from the client who was satisfied and uploading the files. Now customer service is telling me I won’t get paid for another 14 days which will put us at early April for a job I completed and was approved on March 1st. Conveniently I doubt this website will pay me for the interest for this job. My personal opinion is that nobody that I have corresponded with at customer service seems willing to fix this situation so I can get paid immediately.

On March 22nd, the same client reached out to me for a 2nd flyer. I completed the job within a few hours, the same day, and sent it to the client. Today, March 23rd the client requested changes which I made again, within a few hours of the request. However, since the client did not create a new request, it appears I will not be getting paid for this job. I emailed the customer service about this and of course, the representative emailed me back giving me instructions on how to request a new order. Shouldn’t that email go to the client and not myself?

So to humor the customer service reps, I followed the instructions: “Once logged in, from the main menu, click the Inbox icon and Open a message within the list.” However, the client never emailed me, they have contact me through the original order, which was completed and approved within 24 hours of the original request. So the stupid instructions that I was given to start a custom order is null and void.

I am just in shock about this. I never have these kinds of issues through other freelance websites.

The request from 28th February for the flyer - was this done through an order or a message? If it was done through an order, then it would have auto completed 3 days after you delivered your last work, and you would have been paid 14 days after that.

However, if it was all done through messaging, then there was no order, and you gave your work away for nothing.

The same applies to the second flyer - if there’s no order, you’re working for nothing.

I apologise if I’ve got this wrong BTW!

It appears that @offlinehelpers is correct, you’ve made a mistake that Fiverr cannot correct for you. Your Fiverr gigs don’t appear to have any orders placed on them and are new arrivals. If a potential buyer asks you to do work via a message and you do that work, the potential buyer has not committed to anything. The same goes if the potential buyer starts and order but doesn’t fill in the requirements.

There is no way you can force them to pay you because they did not complete the order process in full. This isn’t the fault of Customer Support. Your only option is to let that go and proceed to get a real order. With a real order, the buyer pays in advance before you do the work.

This thread is very old, so it will be closed soon.

It appears that @offlinehelpers is correct, you’ve made a mistake that Fiverr cannot correct for you. Your Fiverr gigs don’t appear to have any orders placed on them and are new arrivals. If a potential buyer asks you to do work via a message and you do that work, the potential buyer has not committed to anything. The same goes if the potential buyer starts and order but doesn’t fill in the requirements.

There is no way you can force them to pay you because they did not complete the order process in full. This isn’t the fault of Customer Support. Your only option is to let that go and proceed to get a real order. With a real order, the buyer pays in advance before you do the work.

This thread is very old, so it will be closed soon.

Sorry @fonthaunt - didn’t notice the thread date when I responded - apologies!

Archived