Fiverr Community Forum

FIVRR's Poorly Designed User Interface

I am a new FIVRR user. I contacted one of your contractor and was ready to have them do a job for me. They said to just “order a gig”. It amazed me that this is your primary service … but yet its no where on your Home page. It seems you expect new users to search and read the FAQs just to place an order for services … which is your primary purpose in life but yet not obvious on your on your web site.

There are too many services on the net to be fighting with a poorly designed web site so this contractor lost my business due to your poorly designed user interface.

If you want to order a gig from a buyer all you need to do is click on the gig or service in question that you want to order from the specific buyer and to the right of it is a very, very big green button saying order now.

I’m sorry you had a poor experience with the site but I honestly think Fiverr’s interface is one of the simplest ones out there. All you do is search for the gig you want, press it, and then press the big green Order Now button. I’ve seen a LOT of Fiverr copycat sites out there and those are all really poorly/busily designed in my opinion.

Last I knew, when someone signed up for a membership on Fiverr, they had to check a box which said that yes, I have read and understand and will follow the Terms of Service.

And these are the first few lines of the TOS:

:black_medium_small_square:A service offered on Fiverr® is called a Gig®.

:black_medium_small_square:Gigs® on Fiverr are offered for a fixed, base price of $5 (also referred to as one Fiverr®).

:black_medium_small_square:Whenever you see “I will _for $5”, it means the seller is offering a Gig® for the fixed price of $5.

:black_medium_small_square:Only registered users may buy and sell on Fiverr. Registration is free.

So…no searching. No slogging through FAQs. Just had to read the first few lines of the TOS which is supposed to be read and agreed to before creating a membership.

Fiverr remains in the top 200 most visited websites on the internet, which is no small feat, so it seems most people have figured it out.

I wouldn’t have thought buying a gig was a difficult process. I do think the ‘Buy now’ button should be larger, though.