Fix the scariest thing on Fiverr...The dreaded pink box!

Please read this and let me know your thoughts:

I know we have probably ALL experienced this. You respond to a buyer or seller and type those trigger words like “email” or skype and that dreaded pink box displays "Terms of Service reminder: You may not communicate with users directly or provide your email, skype or phone number."

I don’t know about you, but this totally freaks me out when it pops up.

I understand why we have this, but sometimes they have nothing to do with contacting people outside of Fiverr. I have an email blast service for New York City and I tell my buyers “I just sent out your email blast” and then BOOM, the pink box. Yes, there are devious members who do this, but I always remind buyers to contact me specially inside of Fiverr.

I had another person ask me for web design lessons and they wanted Skype. It is just lessons and nothing else, but there was the pink box again.

Case In Point: The Skype Trap

Some buyers want lessons on Skype and they create request gigs to get lessons on skype, but when I answer, the pink box is triggered.

Here is my suggestion:

I think the Fiverr developers should re-program this feature to be smarter and not just trigger the pink box with single words like “email”, “skype”, or “phone” and instead to be used with other words like “E-mail me” or “Here is my email address” or “Can you call me at (###) ###-#### so I can charge you $2,000 instead of using Fiverr” LOL

Bruce

Reply to @madmoo: Ang, finally got your first name. I still think the Fiverr programmers should make this smarter and not just trigger the pink box with one word. It should be phrases which contain those words.

Reply to @madmoo: Evolution, huh? Maybe the website should be called “Fiverr Point Five”…

We understand you hotwebideas,

But note that those warnings have more effect than side effect. They do play a good part against those that just want to go against the site’s policy. You get a warning, but all you do is just proceed to hit send and your done. That pink message will go away with the message as well.

Reply to @rogersgoods: Like I said above, I think it does not work for single words. It should listen to phrases. That would make it more effective against riff raff.

I get the pink box when I post a link to one of my gigs. Lol. http://fiverr.com/oranjegirl/accept-additional-payment

At least the box is pink and not a bright red!

Is there a list of Known trigger words? A list would be great. As i’m having trouble with many buyers as they don’t know about this.

Reply to @atechkid: Agreed.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I have to agree at least to the extent that it pops up and alarms me when I’m literally doing nothing wrong. It reminds me of feeling guilty around police when I haven’t done anything. No, it’s not a guilty conscience, but rather a natural reaction when authority pokes a little not to break rules when I’m not breaking rules.

Not complaining. Just saying, it always alarms me when it pops up, even though I’m following the TOS.

I still want to do a skype gig, but I am anxious that it will throw red flags or get me penalized or something.

Just a thought: I wonder sometimes if the TOS is too restrictive. I wonder also how people connecting in groups may do even better here, and they’d not be hurting Fiverr merely by meeting.

I get that they don’t want folks going outside and exchanging money. However, sometimes you can be working on stuff that could be amazing in collaboration, but the fear of losing revenue dominates the philosophy in the TOS.

Reply to @bachas85: Funny.

I have to agree at least to the extent that it pops up and alarms me when I’m literally doing nothing wrong. It reminds me of feeling guilty around police when I haven’t done anything. No, it’s not a guilty conscience, but rather a natural reaction when authority pokes a little not to break rules when I’m not breaking rules.

Not complaining. Just saying, it always alarms me when it pops up, even though I’m following the TOS.

I still want to do a skype gig, but I am anxious that it will throw red flags or get me penalized or something.

Just a thought: I wonder sometimes if the TOS is too restrictive. I wonder also how people connecting in groups may do even better here, and they’d not be hurting Fiverr merely by meeting.

I get that they don’t want folks going outside and exchanging money. However, sometimes you can be working on stuff that could be amazing in collaboration, but the fear of losing revenue dominates the philosophy in the TOS.

Reply to @bachas85: Funny.

I know this is an old thread but since it’s still relevant, I thought I’d share my recent experience with this issue.

I recently submitted an offer to a buyer request and had them order a gig. The request includes signing up for their website and receiving an email for activation. Problem is I didn’t receive the email. They asked what email I used. When I tried to give them the email, this box showed up. Obviously I am not using the email to contact the buyer outside of Fiverr, I’m just trying to complete their request.

I am also curious how people are offering Skype gigs if they are not allowed to give out their Skype name in order to “communicate with users directly”. Are Skype gigs not allowed on Fiverr and people are doing them against the TOS? Or does Fiverr approve of them before they are allowed?

Anyway, I believe this warning should be changed, or better clarified. Something like: "you are only allowed to give your email, skype, or phone number if it is required to complete the gig order. Otherwise, outside communication is prohibited. "

I think those sellers with Skype gigs first need permission from Fiverr.

As for the warning messages, they’re just a friendly reminder (i think its helpful for new sellers) and pop up for certain words.

Should Fiverr want to investigate why you put your email they will see the convo and probably not do anything about it.

I don’t think the messages are actions, just simple reminders.