Fiverr Forum

Flickr is NOT allowed for Graphic Designer

Hello Everyone,
I am a PowerPoint Designer and I have to show my portfolio to my clients. Like many others, I am using Flickr for this purpose. But I came to know that this is NOT the right platform! as it’s against Flickr’s Terms of Services. So I am thinking to remove my portfolio from Flickr to avoid violating their Terms of Service (https://www.flickr.com/help/guidelines). Screenshot is also attached.

Does anyone know an alternative platform that Fiverr allows so that I can transfer all my online portfolio and share a link with my clients to see my sample work.

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
Thanks!
Faheem

I’m not entirely sure what you’re putting into your portfolio (full presentations, separate pages, etc.) and how many do you have them but have you looked into carbonmade.com? It’s been around for edges and it’s easy to use.

Also, fiverr offers an option to host an on-site portfolio which I personally use. I don’t know if it works for your format or not, though.

I am putting one image for each presentation.

Not many… Just 40-60

Does fiverr allow to share such links with your clients or add this link in gig description?

Unfortunately, Fiverr hasn’t given this to all sellers

Thanks for your response

I honestly have no idea but given you’ve been sharing a flickr link before, how is this different? I’d ask the CS what your options were, especially when you need a portfolio option but wasn’t given it.

Flickr is allowed by Fiverr and I have seen even Top Rated sellers has used Flickr links in their gig description. I guess, any other platform for sharing portfolio is not allowed by Fiverr. I have also raised a ticked regarding this concern, let’s see what CS says about it.

@muhammadfaheem0

The rule “Don’t use your account to host web graphics or as a replacement for a content distribution network” it’s something way different from using your account as a portfolio.

A CDN is simply a place to host images and deliver them to websites for faster loading. That is what is forbidden by Flickr. You can’t use their platform to host the images you are going to use for your website, or something similar.

Portfolios on Flickr are totally ok. I hope this clears it up.

CDN - Content Delivery Network

A content delivery network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver pages and other Web content to a user, based on the geographic locations of the user, the origin of the webpage and the content delivery server."

I using Flickr because it suggest by Fiverr.

I see some Seller have own personal portfolio at their profile. It’s good but I not have that option for my profile. I use Flickr as alternative.

I wish it could be true @manucornel .

My account has been banned by Flickr. I talked to their customer support and this is what they said:

Yes, you are right. I wish, Fiverr could roll out the Portfilion Section for all the sellers.

Here is a list of approved portfolio links: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/seller-faqs
Just scroll to the bottom.

I am not entirely sure if tumblr would suit your needs, but you could try using it instead of flickr, I think. It is also on the list of URLs allowed by Fiverr.

Thanks for sharing it. However, I guess, Flickr is the only one suitable for me as other websites aren’t meant to showcase creative work in JPG format. But Flickr doesn’t allow it.
we have other options like behance.net, dribbble.com and pinterest but non of these is allowed by Fiverr. :expressionless:

Tumblr is a social networking website similar to fb, twitter, instagram but since it’s allowed by Fiverr so I guess I should try it.

Yeah, I think you could use tumblr to create a “portfolio” of sorts by uploading your creative work in JPG format.

tumblr also says you can upload anything you want. lol

That’s the freedom world lol:joy: