Fiverr Forum

For God Sake, Read the Description before placing an order. Please?

I, unfortunately, have to do a lot of mutual cancellations. Why? Because buyers can’t fathom a simple concept – contact me first before ordering.
I have a gig that offer the type of services that demand pre-agreement of price and type of service after analyzing/reviewing the buyers’ stuff.
I’ve made it BOLD and highlighted in yellow at the top and bottom of the gig description. I’ve repeated it several more times in the text of the FAQ (probably a new section in gig). I’ve made it absolutely clear there are NO exceptions. Yet… people still persist and often say something along the lines of “I didn’t think you meant me.”
I REQUEST fiverr to do something about that type of gig. Make some option like put “CONTACT ME” in the header, make “contact me” button prior to “order me” button

Also, the scammer (I am counting these type of my buyers to this) are not particularly brand new Fiverr users…. They are on fiverr since 2013. So what is the reason behind it? Probably they know that the platform is highly favorable to a buyer. Even the rating we sellers give to a buyer is not shown anywhere. and they can Cancel, Leave bad feedback, Ask refunds, Be difficult and eventually demand the seller to do something, if not then leave bad feedback or cancel the order, Let sellers first submit their work, then leave a negative feedback and tell your seller that they will remove the feedback when they give a refund, Cancel an order due to late delivery while it’s their fault, Ask unlimited revisions or leave bad feedback
It’s more like when they order (a basic $5 gig) without even reading the title and then send me stuff like “how much would it cost for you to do this massive unrelated project for me?” so then I have to cancel the order and /politely/ remind them that those services are not what I offer or are not of cost what you paid for, so please go away please i dont want no trouble
Anyone else have this issue? Who thinks it’s a good idea for Fiverr to somehow take this into account when analyzing your cancellation/ success ratio?

Now I want the buyers to know what a cancellation does to a seller
The only problem with cancellations is that, for sellers, when cancellations add up to a certain percentage of the overall sales, a seller’s level status will be removed, which I have worked very hard to receive, as have many other sellers.
However, in the future just don’t order something without reading the description so that you know what you are getting into. Some sellers will not cancel an order for you if they know you are cancelling when you did not read the description of what the gig entails.
I am also a buyer on fiverr too, but being a seller really helps me be a better buyer as well.
Fiverr is a livelihood to a lot of sellers, so I just want you to have a heads up about what a cancellation does.

I know the fact that posting in the forums don’t really help either because there are only about 100 active members of the forum from what I can tell. Basically, 99.9% of Fiverr customers don’t ever go to the forum. Most don’t even know it exists until they are on Fiverr for a long while.
So I request all sellers to make following text your quick response and use when you are in similar situation. We can’t do anything except giving buyer a lesson

I cancelled your order. However I would like to explain something to you just so you are aware next time you order something on fiverr.
The only problem with cancellations is that, for sellers, when cancellations add up to a certain percentage of the overall sales, a seller’s level status will be removed, which I have worked very hard to receive, as have many other sellers.
However, in the future just don’t order something without reading the entire description so that you know what you are getting into. Some sellers will not cancel an order for you if they know you are cancelling when you did not read description of what the gig entails.
It is seller that gets consequences of the actions of buyers in this instance. Not that it’s fair, but that’s the way it is on fiverr because fiverr protects buyers, not the sellers. Sellers should have rights, but it is up to us to protect ourselves.
Anyway, thanks again for at least giving it a shot. And thanks for your understanding in this matter. Fiverr is a livelihood to a lot of sellers, so I just want you to have a heads up about what a cancellation does.
Best of luck to you in everything, and I would be happy to be of service to you somehow in the future.

I have exactly the same problem. However, I don’t request that buyers contact me before ordering. I did try that and it simply didn’t work. My problem is missing order requirements and buyers asking for full re-works of videos because they have decided that they want information included which they didn’t supply originally.

Then there are writing buyers who order work such as 1000 word articles for $5 when I sate clearly that I only provide 300 words of writing for $5. I did loose my level 2 a while back due to a very high series of cancellations in a short period (all of which were mutual) and I did try to stop cancelling so many orders. However, for me that only led to buyers ordering things like full explainer videos for $5 making further orders and so now I just cancel asap.

I agree Fiverr does need to do something about this. A mutual cancellation should no what it says on the tin and not effect anything. However, in your case, you might want to think about extending your delivery times. This way would you be better able to manage orders?

well according to my experience there are quite a few types of buyers on fiverr, those who are tight on money and try to make the maximum out of their spending, those types usually read the description and do try to make life easier for us, but others are those who just randomly purchase the same service from a number of buyers, without even reading the description, its is like throwing a lot of marbles and which ever one gets in the whole , they pick that one, and the rest they just ignore or leave a bad review without even stating as to why they left a bad review, so the only thing that we can do is to cancel such requests right away, . our hands are tied, we can do nothing about it. …

Hi There,

I hope you have set the requirement section to make the buyer submit the stuff before the order starts. In other case, you should set price for revision.
I have had a gig of “powerpoint to video conversion” where i had same issue. So i had to set a gig extra for revision and a warning to review the stuff before placing an order.

I have a LinkedIn services gig (which is quite popular with high cancellation rate LoL). I need to review the LinkedIn Profile and then may be resume and other stuff before quoting a price. So i need buyer to contact me first.
However some buyers seem to dont bother about this by placing an order of $5 and demanding the work which other sellers offer in $100 (while i offer the same in $20-40)
I am having really hard time dealing with these type buyers (who dont read description, demand more in less cost, scammer etc)

I’ve made my order requirements as easy to understand as possible. However, I get buyers paying for extras to add logos and match the branding of their videos to their websites, who don’t supply logos or links to their websites! It’s insane.

I also had a buyer the other day who said “great video! But
I want to add more pictures and could you remove the background on the pictures I sent you plz?”

I just redelivered the video as it was and informed the buyer that they would need to order again for what is in no uncertain terms a full rework of their video along the lines of a completely new set of requirements.

It’s literally a mad world on Fiverr.

As a long term buyer, it would be helpful if sellers could clearly explain their gigs. Too many sellers have a Chinese menu of choices and selections.

Well, one thing you can do is mention that in gig requirement. Like I do. I had this problem. I put a mandatory text field in the gig requirement specifying the gig request and mentioning “Please contact me before the order which will help me to do a better delivery”

I have gigs like that as the fiverr basic is 5$ but my service cannot be done for 5$ on certain gigs I have done that, mentioned it in my gig description and requirement that the price will vary depend on the request hence please contact me before the order.
Problem Solved. NEVER had that issue after.

Not only do they not read the description but they do not even read the messages I send them when they order sometimes.

Then they ask questions and expect things that were fully explained in the messages.
Then I have to explain it all over again, and hope this time they read what I send them.

I am no longer a “new buyer” but what I wish I would have known when I first started is a more quick introduction to the site such as contacting a seller first about my request to see if it what I was ordering was the correct services. You would think with all the graphic artists and video artists here on Fiverr they could have striked up a deal with someone!

Am i missing anything here? What i use to know/believe was that the “requirement section” is something appear to a buyer after he/she has placed an order (may be without reading description and faq)

You told my story in your words :stuck_out_tongue: Most funny part is when i deliver the order with the messages, they show up within minutes :joy:

This happens to all of us. Yesterday I had to cancel a $35 order for headlines because what the guy wanted me to do was rewrite a bunch of paragraphs. Those aren’t headlines, but alas, some buyers assume that when you’re a copywriter, you just do whatever. I don’t do whatever, I’m very specific in what I do.

Yes, must be important read the description before placing an order.

Nice

hmmm

Then move on to the next seller

I feel bad I’m so sorry you have to go through that! I think cancellation and response rates should go away completely or not impact your ratings, period. But that’s just what I think. Everyday I receive spam messages that I don’t want to respond to, but I have to because it will affect my response rate.

Then I get other sellers who are cautious of their response rate, so me and the other seller are going back and forth messaging eachother 24/7 hoping either of us will stop responding so our response rate doesn’t go lower. It is a constant battle LOL, this site has made some strange changes over time.

I’d just like to add that it’s also worth your time as a buyer to read the gig description before messaging a seller. I don’t want to sound harsh, but your time is being wasted just as much as mine is if you send me a message filled with questions that are answered by my gig description.

It’s also frustrating for both of us that we go back and forth and back and forth talking about your project, and then you finally ask about the price of the service (despite it being clearly stated in the title of the gig and further explained in the gig description and packages sections), and only then do you decide that you wanted to pay less and will be looking for another seller. That entire exchange could be prevented by actually looking at the gig for a minute before messaging the seller or placing an order.

Really, it will save you a lot of time and effort if you just take literally one minute and read the description before taking any other actions.

Totally agree with you (Y)