Fiverr Community Forum

Forced to pick a Getty Stock Image

Hi, I recently had an order where they chose to have me use a getty stock image. The client ended up choosing one of his own images instead of the getty stock image. I tried to submit the order without the getty stock image, but it would not let me submit the order without choosing and downloading a getty stock image. So I had to pick a random image just to submit the order. Is there any way I can refund him for not using the getty image? Also shouldn’t there be an option to turn off/refund the getty image once an order is placed?

3 Likes

The only way real way would have been to cancel the order once the buyer who had purchased the order with that option no longer wanted that option I think and then asked the buyer to re-order but without that stock image option. That would affect completion rate (unless maybe you asked CS to cancel it without it affecting it and they did/could).

To refund the buyer now, maybe try asking CS. The only other way would maybe be to offer a discount on a future order but that doesn’t really fix the existing order.

I never do an order when the buyer adds something to the scope without my permission. You don’t owe this buyer extra work that you never agreed to.

1 Like