Forget About The Big Bucks and Make A Lot of Little Bucks

tgreen7163

I’m not sure how accurate this advice is but from my experience, it seems to work. I started out on this site offering the biggest bang for your buck. I would try to do as much possible for someones $5. Once I turned level 2 I started getting a little too comfortable… I took the “premium” approach. Most of my gigs offered far less work than competitors for the money but I promised high quality work.

This method has brought some big fish… single orders over $100 each. My problem is that I get no more of the little fish. I only manage to find a few of these big fish per week. Because of this, I have completely reworked my approach back to be tailored for the little fish again. I really think thats the way to go. More ratings, more potential repeat customers, should equal more revenue?

fyi, these are writing gigs. Comments or suggestions?

Personally, I wouldn’t go for the little fish NOR the big fish.

I’d go for the REPEAT fish!

I have already “discovered” a few “secrets”, used by the Most Successful Sellers on Fiverr.

And the obvious one (at least, obvious to ME) is: Get Repeat Buyers.

So if I were a Seller, I would tailor my Gigs (and Gig Descriptions), to “hook” as many Repeat Fish, as possible.

😉

Robert

Yeah, I’m actually an expert seller. I have TAUGHT “Selling Online”. 😮

But on Fiverr, I’m “committed” to being a Buyer only.

However, I must admit I’ve thought about creating one lonely gig, “just for the fun of it”… 😉

Reply to @regency85: I think you should! What would you do for $5? 🙂

You could even try something new. For example, I’m planning a brand new gig for a press release service. I haven’t done this before. I just purchased a few “how to” books. I’m going to practice for a few weeks, and Tada!! 🙂 It will have an extremely narrow focus to start, the service will only be to advertise ebooks that have just been released. One of the great things about Fiverr is that it can help you learn and refine new skills. Once I master writing press releases to announce new ebooks, I can expand it out. It’s kind of exciting. Or, just go with what you know. Perhaps you could create a gig that offers your expertise in selling.

Reply to http://www.fiverr.com/typingservice

> I think you should [create your first-ever Gig, being ONLY a Buyer]! What would you do for $5?

-I will report you to Customer Service for selling a fraudulent gig, for $5!

(Thanks for that GREAT gig idea, www.fiverr.com/biancha )

😃

-I will report you to Customer Service for being a ripoff buyer and hurting good sellers here, for $5!

[HUGE applause from all the GOOD Sellers!]

=D>

-I will be your fantasy “Hollywood Hunk”, for $5!

[Hey, if the shoe fits…]

😛

> I haven’t done this before. I just purchased a few “how to” books. I’m going to practice for a few weeks, and Tada!! One of the great things about Fiverr is that it can help you learn and refine new skills.

What a GREAT attitude this is! Well done, typingservice!

=D> =D>

> Perhaps you could create a gig that offers your expertise in selling?

Ohhhhhh Boy! TypingService hits the bullseye. 😮

You’ve hit on the ONE thing, that has been TEMPTING me, more than anything else.

No. Not due to being an Expert Seller (and FAR MORE than anyone here knows)… 😮

WARNING: RANT BEGINS

Rather, because it really HURTS me to read posts from GREAT Sellers, who despite their TERRIFIC talents, and despite their gigs offering HUGE value to Buyers for a ridiculously-low price…

=D>

…are having their ROCKS, FRAGGLED, by “Grinder” Buyers… who try to “grind down” their price (by asking for even MORE work for 5 bucks, or demanding a plate of “Sushi” when the gig only offers “Cookies”)…

😦

…AND/OR are getting FRUSTRATED and thinking about LEAVING Fiverr…

😦 😦

…because their INCOME is “good”… but FAR BELOW what they had hoped for!

😦 😦 😦

And the really SAD part?

THEY COULD BE MAKING A FORTUNE ON FIVERR!

😮

The Proof??

OTHER FIVERR SELLERS ARE ALREADY MAKING TONS OF $$$$$ here!!

😮 😮

And yes… I know HOW they’re doing it.

And no… it’s nothing illegal, nothing immoral, nothing fraudulent.

Don’t believe it??

Talk to the Seller (I’m not allowed to “call out names” here on the Forum, remember)…

…who has… counting…

OVER TWENTY THOUSAND GIGS SOLD!!!

😮 😮 😮

RANT ENDS

Robert

P.S. And he’s only been here ONE year!

😮 😮 😮

P.P.S. Yes, I’ve talked to him. And he told me (in his broken English)…

Yes, that is how I do! How you know, before we talk?

Reply to @typingservice:

> Is the “rant” part of the sales copy for your new gig?

=))

What a “great” idea… hadn’t thought of that… I’ll go create the gig now… 😉

> I do agree that as sellers, there are things we can learn from looking at the best selling gigs.

Actually, no. All that MIGHT show you, are the same overdone things people have been posting AD NAUSEUM here on the Forum, as supposed “Helpful Tips For Sellers” threads.

There are far too many of these - and they keep repeating the same old tired “How To Increase Your Sales” tips, that have been posted for years and years, it appears.

I-)

Read the forum, read the FAQs… and you’ll learn all of these BASIC tips for getting gig sales, yourself.

But the REAL “top sellers” here, have selling… dare I use the word… SECRETS… that 99.9% of the Sellers on Fiverr, haven’t the first clue about.

😦

Reply to @regency85: "But the REAL “top sellers” here, have selling… dare I use the word… SECRETS… that 99.9% of the Sellers on Fiverr, haven’t the first clue about. "

Put the above text in your sales copy. Let them know that they will be joining the elite and exclusive .1% of Fiverr sellers that know these secrets and they will be making money while they sleep. Don’t forget to tell them that your friends all think you’re crazy for giving away this info for only $5. You will have a winning gig! Ha Ha. I’m just giving you a hard time. 🙂

Anyway, have a good one!

Reply to typingservice:

Yup, those are certainly “mandatory” lines, for every SCAM-filled gig description!..

“Make Money While You Sleep!”

“My Friends Think I’m CRAZY For Giving Away All These SECRETS!”

:))

…and of course, the Beauty…

“If You Don’t Buy This Gig, Your Competition Will… and They Will CRUSH You!”

=))

Seriously… nah… I’m committed to being ONLY a Buyer - here on Fiverr.

So NO gigs for me.

=; [-X

Which again, makes me sad… because I’m finding some REALLY GREAT PEOPLE here, who could be up to their necks in $$$ on Fiverr… if they just knew how.

And it would REALLY hurt me, to see them leave out of frustration.

😦

Thanks for giving me the chance to rant a bit… 🙂

Robert

Reply to @regency85: "Which again, makes me sad… because I’m finding some REALLY GREAT PEOPLE here, who could be up to their necks in $$$ on Fiverr… if they just knew how. And it would REALLY hurt me, to see them leave out of frustration."

Most sellers on Fiverr are open to ideas on how to make more money. I’m sure they wouldn’t object if you offered free advice. Anyway, take care!

Reply to typingservice:

> Most sellers on Fiverr are open to ideas on how to make more money.

Really? What I’ve seen, is that most people here prefer to “preach”.

I could be wrong… but my “first impressions” are that very few people here are “open” to learning new things…?

Well then, I’ll just speak for myself. I’m always open to ideas about how I can make more money on Fiverr. If you ever wanted to inbox me with ideas, I would be very appreciative of your taking the time.

Just a personal FYI, the immediate problem I’m facing isn’t necessarily a lack of orders. I had a gig that was getting popular that I’ve suspended for a few weeks now. I’ve even placed myself in vacation on numerous occasions. I’m struggling to find that balance between how much time I spend working on a gig vs. how much I’m reimbursed for it. As I scale-up, I see that as my biggest challenge. If you had any ideas on that or ideas that are totally unrelated, I’d be interested. Thanks! 🙂

Your “discussion” with me here, has certainly moved this “idea” (of returning to, and doing here, some Teaching) into the forefront of my mind. 😉

> I had a gig that was getting popular that I’ve suspended for a few weeks now

Because you went on vacation? Or because it began to occupy too much time, for too little money?

> I’m struggling to find that balance between how much time I spend working on a gig vs how much I’m reimbursed for it

Ahhhh… a problem MANY Sellers have here. 😦

Initially, newcomers offer TOO MUCH for $5 - because they are impatient to “get started”. And the Fiverr Leveling system, “aggravates” this even further. 😮

IF… they are fortunate to reach the “Scaled Up” level - and MAINTAIN that level of gigs (and it’s the MAINTAIN where MANY Sellers fail!)…

…they encounter the same problem you have:

Too much work, for too little pay.

So what can you do now?

1. Super Sellers do NOT have this problem.

They have so many sales, that they simply CUT the amount of work they offer for $5, which reduces the 200% (or 300%, or 400%…) of sales coming in the door, to 100% of their available worktime.

Thus, they REDUCE what they offer, yet INCREASE their average income per gig - a WIN, WIN situation!

So again you could say, the “too much work for too little pay” problem - is actually a symptom of the “I don’t know how to SELL” problem! 😮 😮

2. I would suggest YOU take this “alternate” route, for now:

Simply POST your problem, here on the Forum. Since MANY sellers have encountered this problem already, they may have “tips” on what you can do about it, in the short-term.

🙂

Archived