Forum Migration & Update

mjensen415

As you all know, the forum has been…challenging lately. From overall stability to posts disappearing, there has been an overall decline in the stability of our forum platform. With that said, we’re going to do something big to fix it. We are migrating and making a switch to a new platform that will offer not only better stability but improved features and new experiences! #winning

On Monday, we will launch the new and improved forum. We’ll retain all of your old posts, links, post history etc. The major change you’ll notice will be the overall look plus a few fun additions to your profile.

We appreciate your patience in this process and as always please contact support@fiverr.com for any customer support-related needs during this migration.

I know you must have questions. Please leave a comment and I’ll answer it below!

I love to mock. I love to point out flaws. I am fluent in sarcasm.
However, if this update is as good as it sounds then from the bottom of my heart - YAY!
Now I am just trying to do the math, if the site update was supposed to be 5 hours and was 7 instead; the migration is scheduled to take 4 days, so it will be reasonable to expect it to be up and running late Wednesday?

Yes, there will be a feature to follow a thread that you’ve commented on. You will get notifications (your choice of email or in-forum) when someone replies.

As for the retaining posts, yes! When investigating other platforms (which we’ve been doing for a few months) that was one of my requirements. There is a lot of great info and conversation here in this forum and I would not want to start fresh.

We’re working with the vendor on the migration. We have been promised 48-60 hours. I announced a “Monday” opening which is on the far end of the estimate. Hoping for earlier though. 🙂

Glad you’re excited! We’ve been playing around on the test instance for a while now and besides the obvious UI changes there are some fun new features that were lacking on this platform.

There’s always the dripping method, where you give some little things away and keep us salivating in anticipation (it’ll be read only soon here, so this is pretty effective!). You can save the really good stuff until the grand opening.

Just little stuff though. I don’t need to tell you how much tutting there would be from certain people if something went wrong and or the big feature somehow was bugged.

I’d quite like normally-sized YouTube videos for the occasional share, but I’m sure your vendor has that locked down.

Guest nayemsteller

There should be a tutorial for the new comer in the forum about how to use.
So then user can’t get annoyed if anything looks complicated. The changing of looks definitely will be for betterment but for few days or months it will be harder to catch everything for everyone.

I don’t know of any missing ones right now. Do you have a specific post in mind, or one by a certain user?

Ok. I checked again and…🙂

I used a link with “?topic=” what was oviously an “intermediate” solution here in the forum. With the original linkstructure, everything ok 🙂

I dunno. I disappear for a few weeks and look at what you lot get up to without me. Why did no-one tell me the most exciting thing to happen on Fiverr in the last century was going to happen while I was busy shearing alpacas?

Second most exciting thing, as Fiverr came into existence in the last century (this century, if you want to be a crushing bore about it).

I thought you were on a holiday break? If shearing alpacas 24/7 could be considered so, that is.

Archived