Fiverr Forum

Fragglesrock selling a PDF they bought from me

Fiverr member fragglesrock is offering for sale a PDF he purchased from me>

Mine: http://www.fiverr.com/popeye1/send-you-my-basic-guide-to-making-a-podcast?arrived_from_manage_gigs=true&display_share=true

What a rotter!

Sheriff’s note: Sorry, no ‘calling out’ allowed on the forum. Please contact customer support with the details and they should be able to resolve this for you

No wonder [fragglesrock] wants to change his user name.

If you sell digital products then you will definitely have them stolen and resold on Fiverr. There’s no way around it. When I first started on Fiverr I sold tips about how to get your webpages listed on Google. Within a month, there were a whole bunch of sellers putting up the same gig. You should just stick with services only.

My PDF was clearly marked with a Copyright notice on every page. I am an author by trade, and the fact is that Copyright becomes active the moment anyone creates anything original.

The joke is that the copyright thief runs a Christian radio station.

Did you specify that resell rights are not part of the package in your gig description?

Reply to @popeye1: According to fiverrs terms you hand over the copyrights to the buyer unless you specify in your gig description. If you so specify what right you keep you can at least get CS on your side if you have similar issues in the future.

Can’t see how Fiverr’s T&Cs can over-ride the Digital Millennium Copyrights Act.

Reply to @mgjohn78: That’s the wrong way around. We all know everything is copyright and owned by the creator.

Reply to @popeye1: They don’t but you have to agree to the terms when registering and thus you have agreed to hand over the rights.

Wish you good luck and hopefully CS will help you resolve the issue.

Reply to @mgjohn78: Rights to use something purchased is one thing. Rights to sell it is another.

The offending party, who shall remain nameless, has withdrawn my excellent guide to Podcasting from his Gigs.

Reply to @russflex: Thanks for the advice.