Fiverr Forum

Fragglesrock - WARNING REGARDING SUSPICIOUS LINKS VIA INBOX MESSAGES

I just received an inbox message from http://fiverr.com/fragglesrock they posted a link telling me that they wanted to purchase a gig from me but wanted me to apply the idea from the link that was posted in the message. When I clicked the link, it said that I needed to sign into Fiverr (but I already was). I niavely input my password (or what I thought was my password…lol…i’m bad with remembering those) and noticed after the fact that the fiverr page they had created askin me to input my password was fake. I quickly rushed over to my Fiverr account and changed my password, but realized the password I had put into the fake Fiverr site was wrong anyway. Ha ha ha suckers. I’m so glad I’m bad with remembering passwords. But what do I do in this circumstance. I see so many people talking about how slow CS responds and I feel this is an urgent matter. We don’t want this person to trick others into putting their information in. Please assist.

You can them the suckers but you fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book? :wink:

But the only thing you can really do is report it to customer service and hope they see it as an urgent enough matter to deal with it quicker.

O yea. And when I went back in to the message to try and pull that link to the fake fiverr site, it gave me an error message saying “due to privacy reasons I could not contact this person directly”

Reply to @rossonomous: Thanks. I’m still new to this. I guess they saw that and figured they could get me. Lol. I’m just glad I input the wrong password. My lack of memory came in handy for once. LOLOL :slight_smile:

Please report this to customer support at http://support.fiverr.com No matter how small they will take attempts to hack your account seriously. Thank you!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up.

I got that too!! Luckily, I didn’t type in my password. Watch out for this, my fellow fiverrs!

I got the same message last night and clicked into and logged in, I checked the message and I can’t report them to customer support anymore, says due to privacy.

I’ll change my password now.

I just did there, categories are abit restricted on the CS page but I’ve logged a ticket to report them. Only that I read this thread I won’t have copped it was a bogus mail, looked legit, plus I had afew tabs opened at the time and got confused.

@futuristic1 well luckily you were saved. i did not have the same luck. i lost $15 because i thought it was some kind of error after trying 3times. naive me never thought it was a scam. :((

i contacted fiverr, but i don’t know if i will get me money back. they have not responded.

what do you guys think? do fiverr have a way of getting me back the money stolen from me? :frowning: this so unfair. why do people even do these things! gosh!!1 ~X(

Thanks. I’m still new to this. I guess they saw that and figured they could get me. Lol.

Even I received the exact message 5 mins. back.

I even clicked the link and when it said that I need to Log In again,that’s when I got suspicious and backed out right away,and reported the buyer.

Madmoo has given a good tip there.

Always check the link address.

A Fiverr link address would always be like fiverr.com/“the sub link” and not something like Fiverr.com."some other domain.“some other domain”/"sub category.html etc.

Hope this helps the sellers.And my middle finger salutes such hackers!!

I don’t want to be rude here but these people deserve this.

God bless you all

You can them the suckers but you fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book? :wink:

But the only thing you can really do is report it to customer service and hope they see it as an urgent enough matter to deal with it quicker.

O yea. And when I went back in to the message to try and pull that link to the fake fiverr site, it gave me an error message saying “due to privacy reasons I could not contact this person directly”

Reply to @rossonomous: Thanks. I’m still new to this. I guess they saw that and figured they could get me. Lol. I’m just glad I input the wrong password. My lack of memory came in handy for once. LOLOL :slight_smile:

Please report this to customer support at http://support.fiverr.com No matter how small they will take attempts to hack your account seriously. Thank you!