Fiverr Community Forum

Fraud buyer, cancels after the work is done

my gig was instagram shoutout. After the buyer placed the order, I created the custom graphic and posted the shoutout, After a few hours he just requested cancellation and threatened me that if I don’t cancel he will contact fiverr and take my account down. His reason for cancellation was baseless and he said if I don’t cancel he will leave bad review too. And finally I accepted the cancellation because I didn’t have to go through the big process of contacting the CS. Is there any simple way to deal with these type of buyers?

9 Likes

Sorry this happened to you … nothing you can do about it now.

For the future: the threats the buyer made are against the TOS - you should point that out.

Also the cancellation request is against TOS - if you’ve done what was ordered and delivered it, you deserve to get paid. Point that out too.

Use the flag to report them to CS.

If, in that case, the buyer leaves a bad review, leave an honest - but professional! - response indicating what happened. And also leave them a negative review indicating what happened.

This is a scummy buyer … you deserve better.

12 Likes

I think you need to contact customer support. If don’t have any fault, why you worried to contact support.

1 Like

Support can’t do anything about it now.

3 Likes

Next time try to contact customer support. they will help you perfectly without effect your account or order completion rate

2 Likes

Just collect the buyer profile image/logo. Then google it. Or check his/her location from where! Also, check his last review if he passed gave work with another! Because the seller review must show his profile. And if he threatened you for cancelation then you must contact the Fiverr support team (But there is a 10% limit to respond to your message). But you need to talk to support before canceling your order.

1 Like

Thanks for the support :blush: i will surely report them to the CS next time. Is the any way I can report him now?

1 Like

You can certainly take screenshots of the threats and attach them to a message to CS. Short message, polite.

The response may be a while … but it’s worth doing if you have the time.

4 Likes

I think you need to contact customer support. :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, you can. Support will truck buyer behavior

So sad. Hope that be fine soon. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you all, I will do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also agree with @coerdelion
Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like