Fraud - Stock Art used as custom

a007spy

I have had some good experiences on Fiverr, but this was my first bad experience.
I needed artwork and engaged multiple sellers.
One of them had a deluxe package of $49 which I thought was very reasonable. I started the process and then he asked for $300, which I refused. He then said he would do it for the agreed upon $49… I’d asked for a drawing of 13yo Medieval peasant boy, and he gave me a modern middle aged man that I found he taken off cadnav.com (stock photo basically)
I have a put a dispute in, so this will be a new experience going through the dispute process.

I am glad you contacted CS about this issue. Did you attach screenshots? They like them because then they may not need to go to the order page.

The seller refused my cancellation of the project.

In our conversation thread he is saying his deluxe package price is just a “call to action” and that I would have to pay 5 times as much to actually get the work done. So I cancel and he refuses the cancel. Apparently I have to just accept the stolen artwork.

Not sure what my next step is here.

Resubmit the cancellation request in the resolution center. (This is different than a dispute.)

You can also use this to file a ticket directly with Fiverr CS. https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new
Be sure you remain polite, and as @vickiespencer suggested, include screenshots. Quote the ToS, if the Seller broke it.

Gigs

• Users may report Gigs to Customer Support that may be in violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service based on the reported Gig’s replicated similarity to pre-existing services (copycat Gigs).
  • Sellers warrant that any content included in their Gigs shall be original work conceived by the Sellers and shall not infringe any third party rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or service marks. In the event that certain music or stock-footage media are incorporated within the Gigs, Sellers represent and warrant that they hold a valid license to use such music and/or footage and to include them in the Gigs.
  • Fiverr will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed here.

And check the “User Generated Content” section, too.

Archived