Fiverr Community Forum

Fraud - Stock Art used as custom

I have had some good experiences on Fiverr, but this was my first bad experience.
I needed artwork and engaged multiple sellers.
One of them had a deluxe package of $49 which I thought was very reasonable. I started the process and then he asked for $300, which I refused. He then said he would do it for the agreed upon $49… I’d asked for a drawing of 13yo Medieval peasant boy, and he gave me a modern middle aged man that I found he taken off cadnav.com (stock photo basically)
I have a put a dispute in, so this will be a new experience going through the dispute process.

1 Like

I am glad you contacted CS about this issue. Did you attach screenshots? They like them because then they may not need to go to the order page.

2 Likes

The seller refused my cancellation of the project.
In our conversation thread he is saying his deluxe package price is just a “call to action” and that I would have to pay 5 times as much to actually get the work done. So I cancel and he refuses the cancel. Apparently I have to just accept the stolen artwork.
Not sure what my next step is here.

Resubmit the cancellation request in the resolution center. (This is different than a dispute.)

You can also use this to file a ticket directly with Fiverr CS. https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new
Be sure you remain polite, and as @vickiespencer suggested, include screenshots. Quote the ToS, if the Seller broke it.

And check the “User Generated Content” section, too.

2 Likes