Free Help With Your Gigs: Gig and Profile Editing in English for New Sellers (READ ENTIRE POST)

chellevanhoy

Since proper English grammar, spelling, and punctuation is extremely important to getting sales here on Fiverr from English-speaking Buyers, and since there are always people looking to get help with their Gigs, I have decided to offer a free editing service for new sellers. Follow the instructions below, and I will proofread, edit, and critique your profile and ONE (1) Gig, completely free of charge.

1.) Post a reply indicating you are interested, so this thread stays visible to other people who might want to use the service. DO NOT POST A LINK TO YOUR GIG IN YOUR REPLY! If you spam this thread with Gig links, you will NOT receive the service and it WILL be marked as spam by a Sheriff.

2.) Message me privately with your Gig link and the following message (copy/paste):

I would like you to review my profile and this Gig.

Note: I am an active Level 2 Seller here on Fiverr, so it may take me a few days to get to your review, but it will get done as long as you are a New Seller. I will not be reviewing Sellers who have reached Level 1 or 2, because they have Gigs that are working for them.

It is also important to understand that a critique is included. This means that I will tell you things you can do to make your Gigs and profile better, and this may include changing your services if they violate the rules of Fiverr or another site. I'm not doing this to hurt your feelings, I'm doing this to help increase your sales. I genuinely want every Seller to succeed on Fiverr, even if you are my competition. :-)

All the best,
Michelle

Même si je peux communiquer en français, je ne serai pas offrir ce service d’édition en français. Parce qu’il n’est pas ma langue maternelle, je n’ai pas assez confiance en mes compétences d’édition pour offrir ce service.

Translation: Though I do speak French, I’m not a native speaker. Therefore, I’m not confident enough in my editorial skills to offer this service in French.

Reply to @sincere18: To be honest, it’s more about helping people and correcting bad English than it is about sales. Most of the people who will be responding will never purchase a Gig from me, and I’m perfectly fine with that. If they do, it will probably be the less expensive editing gig over the rewriting one, anyway.

Reply to @chellevanhoy: Well, around here you never know, since the only two gigs you have happen to be editing and rewriting it just seems like a natural thing, especially when you are clear it’s only ONE. Why wouldn’t a seller who needs help then buy your gig to do a rewrite?

Why would you want a seller to have one good gig and then the rest really bad? I would think you would try to sell them on fixing all their gigs or else it would actually look bad for that seller. If buyers browsing see one really good, well-written ad and then the others are really bad they would know that seller is fake and cannot write good English.

Reply to @sincere18: I see a lot of sellers with 1 gig starting out. Either way, there are SO many sellers asking for free help I’m glad someone is offering it at all. I have as ESL gig but no one is willing to pay which amazes me. I won’t do it for free on top of forum helping. I hope some utilize this freebie which is in the correct category.

Reply to @sincere18: In addition to the fact that many sellers start out with one Gig, I’m also including a critique in the service. For people who have more than one Gig, this will help them identify mistakes they have made and fix them on their own. I’m not discouraging people from buying editing services, either. I’m just pointing out that I’m not doing this for sales purposes. I want to help people write more clearly in English, not make them need an editor for every order they have.

And I’m only offering it for one Gig per Seller because I have paying orders to work on and a life and responsibilities off-Fiverr, too.

Thank you to everyone who has followed the directions for a critique. Just so there is no further confusion, I will get to your critique as soon as I can. I am not ignoring you just because I haven’t gotten to it yet. I am an active Seller, meaning I do have paying orders that demand my attention.

Archived