Freelancing advice for a newbie?

bernieeata

Hello Fellow Fiverrs!

I am new to Fiverr and freelance writing in general. I signed up for Fiverr hoping to gain some experience, start a profile, and build a client base.

I posted a gig already, but I was just wondering if any of you Fiverr and Freelance Writing veterans had any constructive criticism for me and how to make my gig better! Even just general tips to help get me started on the road to (some) success on this site would be great, too.

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this!

Best Regards,

Bernadette

Hi @bernieeata,

Welcome to Fiverr! I’m not a writier but I can give you helpful general tips:

1. Try advertising your newly created gig on different social media platforms, make sure share not just your Fiverr link but also with content and description.
  2. You may also want to post your gig here on forum.
  3. Try your luck at Buyer Request, you have 10 offers to send per day, make sure to send your proposal uniquely and answers the request of your potential buyer.
  4. You may also compare your gig to your other competitors, view their gig and see what necessary details you may also want to incorporate on what is lacking on your gig.
  5. Just be patient, being a new seller is quite difficult but with proper attitude and motivation, you will most likely get your orders in no time.

Hoping you success,
Benlancer

#Welcome to Fiverr @bernieeata 🙂

There’s always a start somewhere. Good that you have taken the first few steps already and now, you are asking to learn more. This is the attitude that takes people places, and certainly the freelancers!

The tips given by @benlancer on improving and marketing your gigs are beautiful. Please try to follow them and I know you will. These are important things to do as a newbie here.

Along with these, there are few other things that one must do, to start & grow on Fiverr. Check this link below which has a guide with some useful information for the newbie. I am sure you will learn a lot.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

? Guide: Get your First Order

Are you new to Fiverr? Are you desperately willing to start off? Are you still waiting for your first Gig Order? You are at the right place. This post should help you immensely, I am sure. Not to dishearten you, but to give you a heads up, let me...

Reading time: 14 mins ? Likes: 1599 ❤

Wish you all the best! Have fun!
:bulb: Enjoy 🙂

#Welcome to Fiverr @bernieeata 🙂

There’s always a start somewhere. Good that you have taken the first few steps already and now, you are asking to learn more. This is the attitude that takes people places, and certainly the freelancers!

The tips given by @benlancer on improving and marketing your gigs are beautiful. Please try to follow them and I know you will. These are important things to do as a newbie here.

Along with these, there are few other things that one must do, to start & grow on Fiverr. Check this link below which has a guide with some useful information for the newbie. I am sure you will learn a lot.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

? Guide: Get your First Order

Are you new to Fiverr? Are you desperately willing to start off? Are you still waiting for your first Gig Order? You are at the right place. This post should help you immensely, I am sure. Not to dishearten you, but to give you a heads up, let me...

Reading time: 14 mins ? Likes: 1599 ❤

Wish you all the best! Have fun!

:bulb: Enjoy 🙂

Thank you so much for the link! I will definitely check it out & do my best to put what I learn to use.

Hi @bernieeata,

1. Try advertising your newly created gig on different social media platforms, make sure share not just your Fiverr link but also with content and description.
  3. Try your luck at Buyer Request, you have 10 offers to send per day, make sure to send your proposal uniquely and answers the request of your potential buyer.
  4. You may also compare your gig to your other competitors, view their gig and see what necessary details you may also want to incorporate on what is lacking on your gig.
  5. Just be patient, being a new seller is quite difficult but with proper attitude and motivation, you will most likely get your orders in no time.

Hoping you success,

Benlancer

Thank you very much for all these tips! I’ll do my best to follow them and continue to learn more about the process.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi @bernieeata,

Hoping you success,

Benlancer

How much time i have to weight for my firs order in a normal.

• 9 months later...

Archived