Friday Dec 6: Share a favorite quote from someting your reading or someone you really like

“Colorful demonstrations and weekend marches are vital but alone are not powerful enough to stop wars. Wars will be stopped only when soldiers refuse to fight, when workers refuse to load weapons onto ships and aircraft, when people boycott the economic outposts of Empire that are strung across the globe. ”

― Arundhati Roy, Public Power in the Age of Empire

“Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life” - Confucious

I guess that’s why most of us are on fiverr :slight_smile:

I’ve been reading some poems by Cornelius Eady. At the end of one poem, he says, “Nothing… is safe from the dance of ideas!”

“A writer who says that there are no truths, or that all truth is ‘merely relative,’ is asking you not to believe him. So don’t.”

“Live to win, Dare to fail” James Hetfield of Metallica. It’s from the song Carpe Diem Baby. I have it tattooed on my arm. I live by the quote.

“Never Say Never”:smiley: Karate Kid:D Justin Beiber :)] Great For Fiver Sellers

“Apathy is a vice.” - Oscar Wilde

Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means. - Leo Buscaglia.

metalriot said: "Apathy is a vice." - Oscar Wilde

I a huge fan of Wilde

More of a small conversation…

Wallace: How are you going to get rid of racism?

Freeman: Stop talking about it.

Freeman: I’m going to stop calling you a white man. And, I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace and you know me as Morgan Freeman. You don’t say, “Well, ahem! This white guy named Mike Wallace.” You don’t say it.

Reply to @anarchofighter: Me too, I’m a metalsmith and mostly make jewelry, another Wilde favorite is,

“One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.”

Love that, @caiterz!

“You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself turn into a villain” - Batman

Don’t judge a book by its movie…

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/36239971971684251_dWCRR698_c.jpg

Reply to @metalriot: One of my favorites is …

Nowadays people know the Price of everything and the Value of nothing.

The only movie i like better than the book is the neverending story!

I hated the book! :frowning:

“Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life” - Confucious

I guess that’s why most of us are on fiverr :slight_smile:

I’ve been reading some poems by Cornelius Eady. At the end of one poem, he says, “Nothing… is safe from the dance of ideas!”

“A writer who says that there are no truths, or that all truth is ‘merely relative,’ is asking you not to believe him. So don’t.”

“Live to win, Dare to fail” James Hetfield of Metallica. It’s from the song Carpe Diem Baby. I have it tattooed on my arm. I live by the quote.