Gave 125 Motivational quotes for only $5. But

niyas144

Hi everyone…
I have to share one of my bad experience from my buyer. I have a gig which providing Motivational quote images for social media pages. I have mentioned in gig that I will provide 125 images for only $5. I think with the client’s watermark. I think that will be the best deal on fiverr from this category. And I also mentioned no revisions.
A buyer contacted me and he told he needs 125 quotes. I created some sample images with his watermark and he asked some correction. I corrected them and he is okay with the design.Then he made order and I completed 125 images with his design and I delivered. After delivery, he is telling he don’t need this design and need correction in that. You guys can think how much hard for designing 125 quote images for only $5. I told him there is no revision, then he is telling he will cancel the order.I have worked 5 hours for his work.
Again I corrected all images and delivered.Then he gave me only 4 star review. That was a very bad experience I got ever on fiverr.

He is a top rated buyer. I am a newbie. What we can do… 🤐

There isn’t really much you can do right now other than to move on. I’ve seen many sellers in the forum experiencing this kind of issue and almost all of them undervalue themselves by offering too much for $5. You can respond to his review by explaining what happened, so that potential buyers can read your side of the story too when they click on your profile.

I love how on Fiverr a 4-star review is not positive but a big f-you to the face 😃

But at the same time Fiverr says sellers shouldn’t worry about their own reputation but more about the experience the buyer has and mentioning anything review related is bad but…

Well, at the same time one 4 star review can throw you out of the business already if you’re just starting out.

There isn’t really much you can do right now other than to move on. I’ve seen many sellers in the forum experiencing this kind of issue and almost all of them undervalue themselves by offering too much for $5. You can respond to his review by explaining what happened, so that potential buyers can read your side of the story too when they click on your profile.

I am newbie on fiverr. I have to get some orders and attract buyers to my service. That’s why I am giving a huge discount. My work also nice. One of my client also told me that I have toincrease the price. But surviving on fiverr is very difficult now…

You should not be offering much in $ 5 only. You are welcoming scammers and such cheap buyers to scam you or get more from you in less price. You are also breaking down your field scope by doing such cheap work. Maintain your standard. Some buyers prefer quality over price.
And why you provided free samples before the order was placed?
We need to say no to specs, free samples.
I hope this will be a great learning for you. Keep sending BRs which you can do and you will get orders soon.

I am newbie on fiverr. I have to get some orders and attract buyers to my service. That’s why I am giving a huge discount. My work also nice. One of my client also told me that I have toincrease the price. But surviving on fiverr is very difficult now…

I get that, but you could slowly increase your prices. For example:

Instead of just charging $10 for 125 images as opposed to $5

why don’t you charge $5 for 115 images, then $5 for 105, etc. Until you reach a pricing that is sustainable and doesn’t feel like selling your soul for 5 bucks.

this is happening with everyone

Not particularly. Do not generalize it.

After delivery, he is telling he don’t need this design and need correction in that.

It’s a though situation to be in, but if you don’t offer free revisions, you should have charged them for the extra work.

You guys can think how much hard for designing 125 quote images for only $5

Personally I wouldn’t do it, but if you offer 125 images for $5 you can’t complain about how hard it is. Stick to what was agreed upon. In other words, don’t look for sympathy for having to work extra hard for a little amount if that’s what you’re offering, but also don’t shy away from charging extra for anything that wasn’t originally included in the order.

Again I corrected all images and delivered.Then he gave me only 4 star review. That was a very bad experience I got ever on fiverr.

The buyer is entitled to their review, and so are you so make sure to give them a fair review of your experience, as well as replying to their review. I find it harsh to leave a 4 stars review on a $5 order, specially for the amount of work, but their words were not bad so it may not impact your profile as much as you;re thinking.

Good luck

Thank you for your great words.Now I understand mistakes happened from me also…

Hi everyone…

I have to share one of my bad experience from my buyer. I have a gig which providing Motivational quote images for social media pages. I have mentioned in gig that I will provide 125 images for only $5. I think with the client’s watermark. I think that will be the best deal on fiverr from this category. And I also mentioned no revisions.

A buyer contacted me and he told he needs 125 quotes. I created some sample images with his watermark and he asked some correction. I corrected them and he is okay with the design.Then he made order and I completed 125 images with his design and I delivered. After delivery, he is telling he don’t need this design and need correction in that. You guys can think how much hard for designing 125 quote images for only $5. I told him there is no revision, then he is telling he will cancel the order.I have worked 5 hours for his work.

Then he gave me only 4 star review. That was a very bad experience

Why do you think getting 4 stars is Very bad experience for you ?

if you give lots of thing for just $5 doesn’t mean the quality for bulk work you gave worth always 5 stars…

It depends on

• quality as described
  • communication and
  • recommend to other

not on price at all !

Anyways 4 stars are positive and good rating too !

I get that, but you could slowly increase your prices. For example:

Instead of just charging $10 for 125 images as opposed to $5

why don’t you charge $5 for 115 images, then $5 for 105, etc. Until you reach a pricing that is sustainable and doesn’t feel like selling your soul for 5 bucks.

Oh… that’s a nice idea… Thank you for your tips. I have made all the mistakes that a new seller makes…

Then he gave me only 4 star review. That was a very bad experience

Why do you think getting 4 stars is Very bad experience for you ?

if you give lots of thing for just $5 doesn’t mean the quality for bulk work you gave worth always 5 stars…

It depends on

• quality as described
  • communication and
  • recommend to other

not on price at all !

Anyways 4 stars are positive and good rating too !

For a new seller 4 stars rating will be a bad review. It will affect the seller. And I believe I have passed all the requirements that you mentioned.

You should not be offering much in $ 5 only. You are welcoming scammers and such cheap buyers to scam you or get more from you in less price. You are also breaking down your field scope by doing such cheap work. Maintain your standard. Some buyers prefer quality over price.

And why you provided free samples before the order was placed?

We need to say no to specs, free samples.

I hope this will be a great learning for you. Keep sending BRs which you can do and you will get orders soon.

I am newbie on fiverr. I have to get some orders and attract buyers to my service. That’s why I am giving a huge discount. My work also nice. One of my client also told me that I have to increase the price. But surviving on fiverr is very difficult now…

For a new seller 4 stars rating will be a bad review. It will affect the seller. And I believe I have passed all the requirements that you mentioned.

No its not bad for new seller as well when you have just 1 review of 4 star…next review with 5 star will make your overall ratings 4.5 !

I am newbie on fiverr. I have to get some orders and attract buyers to my service. That’s why I am giving a huge discount. My work also nice. One of my client also told me that I have to increase the price. But surviving on fiverr is very difficult now…

I am newbie on fiverr. I have to get some orders and attract buyers to my service. That’s why I am giving a huge discount.

Unfortunately, you’re not giving a huge discount, you’re giving your work away for almost free. There is never a good reason to provide 125 edited images for only $4 profit. There is nothing sustainable – or profitable – about giving your work away without equal compensation.

this is happening with everyone

It is not happening to everyone. Offering dirt cheap prices will sometimes attract filthy buyers looking to drag your hard work through the mud. They can smell the stench of desperation in the air and use it to their full advantage.

In this case, at least the order wasn’t canceled and he walked away with $4.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived