GDRP Discussion - Moved from a Tangent in an Info Post

cyaxrex

I gotta move to europe to get information rights?

They only look like rights. GDPR and new copyright laws are like digging up George Orwell and kicking him once you scratch the surface. 😦

Edit: Do move to Europe, though. Some parts are still nice 🙂

Hmm. If Fiverr would really respect their users’ personal information that much, why wouldn’t they apply that GDRP policy for everyone? 😉 I don’t know what they’re doing with your personal information… :male_detective:

And yea, there are plenty of nice places in Europe, so you’re welcome to visit us. 🍻

Hmm. If Fiverr would really respect their users’ personal information that much, why wouldn’t they apply that GDRP policy for everyone? 😉 I don’t know what they’re doing with your personal information… :male_detective:

And yea, there are plenty of nice places in Europe, so you’re welcome to visit us. 🍻

that would require paying staff to take care of all of those information requests…

I gotta move to europe to get information rights?

They only look like rights. GDPR and new copyright laws are like digging up George Orwell and kicking him once you scratch the surface. 😦

Edit: Do move to Europe, though. Some parts are still nice 🙂

They only look like rights. GDPR and new copyright laws

I’m really interested in what’s going on with the copyright laws in EU, because there was a court case that basically said once anything is posted online that it’s public domain. Which I thought was reasonable enough… the new laws would be a complete about face 😦

favicon.ico?x55504Private Internet Access Blog – 7 Aug 17
copying-something-from-phone-1280x720-istockphoto.thumb.jpg.d8041ea5591efe7178fa5edbe44c91ce.jpg

How many noted the implications for copyright of the ECJ ruling in 2014?

Three years ago, the European Court of Justice ruled that you can legally take (mostly) anything you find on the open web and reuse it on your own website.

Archived