Getting Approved for Credit Cards as a Freelancer [LOL]

writer99025

So I applied for credit card at a major private bank in India and the guy who called to ask for details asked me like 100 times - Which company you work for Sir?

“Freelancer” “Self-Employed” “Freelance Writer” “Internet Entrepreneur”.

What is that Sir? Can you spell it Sir?

Okay, so which company do you work for Sir? How many years of experience Sir? What’s your office address Sir?

F… all my money, property and tax certificates from income tax department can’t get me a simple credit card in India. LOL

And some people here wonder why I’m not married 😛

Some people have tried to convince me to make a credit card, even my banks have offered me. I never and will never use a credit card. I always use debit cards. It´s just my personal preference. 🙂

Me too, the bank actually offered a credit card to me, submitted my documents, this is the approval interview part. Think I failed the test. LOL.

So I applied for credit card at a major private bank in India and the guy who called to ask for details asked me like 100 times - Which company you work for Sir?

Okay, so which company do you work for Sir? How many years of experience Sir? What’s your office address Sir?

F… all my money, property and tax certificates from income tax department can’t get me a simple credit card in India. LOL

😆

Well said bruh! 😉

and about the rules and regulations, we are at the top too when it’s for some casual stuff!

all my money, property and tax certificates from income tax department

With that, I am surprised you have to struggle to get a simple credit card. If you failed, don´t bother. Trust me, it is better to pay with the money you have instead of owning money and pay for interest. I mean, IMO. I personally don´t like the idea of borrowing money from anyone, especially when I am not in a situation where I have to borrow some money. It just seems like an unnecessary hassle to me. 🙂

all my money, property and tax certificates from income tax department

With that, I am surprised you have to struggle to get a simple credit card. If you failed, don´t bother. Trust me, it is better to pay with the money you have instead of owning money and pay for interest. I mean, IMO. I personally don´t like the idea of borrowing money from anyone, especially when I am not in a situation where I have to borrow some money. It just seems like an unnecessary hassle to me. 🙂

Of course, I pay for everything with cash or debit card, wanted to apply for credit card for medical emergency purposes, that’s all.

Of course, I pay for everything with cash or debit card, wanted to apply for credit card for medical emergency purposes, that’s all.

I pay for everything with cash or debit card

That´s good. Sorry I ran out of hearts. But you can pay for medical purposes with a debit card too, no? 🙂

Anyway, you do what you think you need to do. I was just telling you my views, not that you have to take it. 😁

I pay for everything with cash or debit card

That´s good. Sorry I ran out of hearts. But you can pay for medical purposes with a debit card too, no? 🙂

Anyway, you do what you think you need to do. I was just telling you my views, not that you have to take it. 😁

Just for extra cushion…I was thinking of my mother really…so if the hospital asked for a lot of money in payment for any emergency medical condition upon admission, I can make the payment immediately…just something for the future. Sort of like an emergency fund for my mother.

Just for extra cushion…I was thinking of my mother really…so if the hospital asked for a lot of money in payment for any emergency medical condition upon admission, I can make the payment immediately…just something for the future. Sort of like an emergency fund for my mother.

.I was thinking of my mother really.

I totally understand. You are a really good son. Okay I support you have the credit card! I hope the bank will approve it soon. 🙂

.I was thinking of my mother really.

I totally understand. You are a really good son. Okay I support you have the credit card! I hope the bank will approve it soon. 🙂

LOL…they won’t approve it because the people in charge of approvals are low level employees who have not even heard of the words freelancer or self-employed and that is not there in their list of options 😆

LOL…they won’t approve it because the people in charge of approvals are low level employees who have not even heard of the words freelancer or self-employed and that is not there in their list of options 😆

low level employees who have not even heard of the words freelancer or self-employed and that is not there in their list of options 😆

being low level employees who haven’t heard the word “freelancer” or self -employed isn’t the problem, I better support the other one you stated.

Our system, it didn’t add the option to the eligible list. 😤

low level employees who have not even heard of the words freelancer or self-employed and that is not there in their list of options 😆

being low level employees who haven’t heard the word “freelancer” or self -employed isn’t the problem, I better support the other one you stated.

Our system, it didn’t add the option to the eligible list. 😤

Yeah, idiots here think being self-employed means being unemployed. Morons.

Damn! I’m just about to apply for a credit card! 😂

If it is for emergency, you can apply for a ‘Secured Credit card’, a card issued against fixed deposit. Major private banks offer it.

Is that what you call a pre-approved credit card? That is the one I applied for.

If you really want one (but Fitrig definitely has a point), see if your Amazon offers you one when you put something in the shopping cart. They do here (the card has ‘Amazon branding’ but is actually issued by a German bank). That was totally hassle free.

Is that what you call a pre-approved credit card? That is the one I applied for.

I think pre-approved cards are different.

In secured Credit cards, the bank will ask to make a Fixed deposit and issue a credit card with credit limit upto 80% deposit. Whatsoever no income documents are required. Of course, you cannot encash FD as long as Credit card is active. ICICI calls it Instant Platinum and Axis calls it Insta Easy.

If you really want one (but Fitrig definitely has a point), see if your Amazon offers you one when you put something in the shopping cart. They do here (the card has ‘Amazon branding’ but is actually issued by a German bank). That was totally hassle free.

Yeah, we have that service, Amazon Pay it is called. But I wanted a credit card for a big amount, $10,000 or something, to be used only as an emergency fund.

Yeah, we have that service, Amazon Pay it is called. But I wanted a credit card for a big amount, $10,000 or something, to be used only as an emergency fund.

But I wanted a credit card for a big amount, $10,000 or something

Oh my! That’s a lot for credit limit in India and probably the reason why bank officials were reluctant. Aim for less, you’ll get the card and you’ll get married 😄

Not sure about ICICI but Axis may fit your bill: https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/credit-card/insta-easy-credit-card/eligibility-documentations

But I wanted a credit card for a big amount, $10,000 or something

Oh my! That’s a lot for credit limit in India and probably the reason why bank officials were reluctant. Aim for less, you’ll get the card and you’ll get married 😄

Not sure about ICICI but Axis may fit your bill: https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/credit-card/insta-easy-credit-card/eligibility-documentations

Yeah, hospital charges can often be 5 to 10 lakhs, so I wanted a big amount.

Ah yeah, the credit limit goes up here, at least when you buy big stuff like electronics and pay it back, and I don’t know if it’s perhaps linked to the bank account you pay the card from too. They do get themselves some info, of course. Nowadays it’s even difficult to get a phone contract if you live in the wrong street here. I do buy on Amazon but not that much (so little sometimes that they send letters to ask if I don’t want ‘cash’ in the height of my limit transferred to my account, cc companies only make money if they get you to buy things and not pay before the due date so you pay interest).
I think it’s 2.5 or 3K or something but definitely not enough for a hospital bill. -_-

Hope you have a mediclaim policy. Thats probably the best solution for such emergencies…Credit card, is again like a motor car…If used wisely, you will have a great, comfortable ride, save a lot of time…but if u drive fast…aka misuse it, you know what i mean…🙂

Hope you have a mediclaim policy. Thats probably the best solution for such emergencies…Credit card, is again like a motor car…If used wisely, you will have a great, comfortable ride, save a lot of time…but if u drive fast…aka misuse it, you know what i mean…🙂

No, don’t have medical insurance for many reasons. Even if I get credit card, will only use it for medical emergencies.

can’t get me a simple credit card in India. LOL

And some people here wonder why I’m not married

Those online bride companies take bank transfer, debit cards and even Paypal too.

My friend told me.

can’t get me a simple credit card in India. LOL

And some people here wonder why I’m not married

Those online bride companies take bank transfer, debit cards and even Paypal too.

My friend told me.

Thanks for that, I guess. [What about digital wallets? They are really big in India right now…and what about Amazon Gift Cards? Do ask your friend that…]

Archived