Getting Gigs for new sellers on fiverr

offiongspeaks

I looked at your profile and your gig. You have been here starting in November and you only have one gig. I had 3 gigs and never got an order until I had been on Fiverr 45 days. There is a lot of competition on Fiverr. There is also the issue that your picture appears to be copied from an article found on the web. Also, at least part of your gig description is copied from @gammelinc who has been on Fiverr since September of 2015. When buyers find you claim to be a writer, but you cannot even write your own gig description, they do not trust your ability. Furthermore, if @gammelinc discovers you have copied her gig description she can report you to CS and your gig and perhaps your account can be removed. I would say you have a bit of work to do before you can hope to sell on Fiverr. Follow this advice and good luck.
favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Stop and check before you ask for help

So since I’m seeing a lot of “I’m not getting orders please check out my gigs/please help” posts again, I’ll leave this here…hopefully it will help a bit. First of all, it’s 100% OK to ask for help and advice. I have done it too. However before...

The Forum members hear daily from new Fiverr sellers that are wondering about how to get buyers. They get bored with answering. So one of the Forum users made this useful advice for new Fiverr sellers.

Guest gammelinc

I looked at your profile and your gig. You have been here starting in November and you only have one gig. I had 3 gigs and never got an order until I had been on Fiverr 45 days. There is a lot of competition on Fiverr. There is also the issue that your picture appears to be copied from an article found on the web. Also, at least part of your gig description is copied from @gammelinc who has been on Fiverr since September of 2015. When buyers find you claim to be a writer, but you cannot even write your own gig description, they do not trust your ability. Furthermore, if @gammelinc discovers you have copied her gig description she can report you to CS and your gig and perhaps your account can be removed. I would say you have a bit of work to do before you can hope to sell on Fiverr. Follow this advice and good luck.

favicon.ico default-apple-touch-icon.png

So since I’m seeing a lot of “I’m not getting orders please check out my gigs/please help” posts again, I’ll leave this here…hopefully it will help a bit. First of all, it’s 100% OK to ask for help and advice. I have done it too. However before...

The Forum members hear daily from new Fiverr sellers that are wondering about how to get buyers. They get bored with answering. So one of the Forum users made this useful advice for new Fiverr sellers.

Hi @vickiespenser,

Thank you for alerting me to this. I am unable to find the @offiongspeaks user when I search for them. Perhaps they’ve already deleted their account?

Thanks again,

Cherry

Guest gammelinc

Perhaps they’ve already deleted their account?

No, they haven’t. Here they are:

Wow. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I’ve reported the user.

Your gig looks fantastic, and your profile picture makes you look intelligent. Your sample tells me you are a good writer. I am not one. Here are a couple of tips for you, though:

Selling anything requires professional authority, much of which you establish with your sample paper. Something that could help establish authority for you in the SEO writing category are using the terms “keyword density” and “useful content” (in the context of what Google wants to see in an article). Also, expressing an opinion about the optimum length of a “useful content” article (1500 words, I’ve heard) will make you sound like a professional they can trust.

Record a video of you sounding friendly, professional, clever and intelligent. They are hiring you, not just your articles, so let them see the goods before they buy.

Best of success to you.

Archived