Fiverr Forum

Getting hit with the Fiverr app rating bug

I was lucky in dodging the Fiverr app bug for my first 8 months as a seller, and got to nearly 200 reviews without a single one below 5 stars. Suddenly, a few weeks ago, I started getting 4, 4.5 and 4.7 star reviews regularly. I was confused, since I hadn’t changed anything and the quality of my service was still high. Then I remembered the Fiverr app bug. I started messaging anyone who rates less than 5 stars, politely requesting their feedback. At least two of my buyers meant to rate 5 stars. Today I requested a review change and even the new rating is not the intended 5.0 stars.

Sellers, how do you handle these buggy ratings?

This has been driving me crazy for a long time. I recently asked this question that you asked and people report that they usually just ignore this now. I get at least one or two a week.

I’ve been “bugging” customer support about this for months and it takes multiple back and forth messages to them before they remove the entire review so the buyer can try again to leave 5 stars.

I wonder about how a lot of 4.5 reviews would affect an otherwise 5.0 perfect record in the rankings of gigs.

Yeah, it’s a bit frustrating. It’s rare to find a gig or profile with a perfect 5.0 rating, so I don’t think a few 4 star ones would hurt too much. However, I am a bit concerned by the frequency. My overall gig rankings stayed at 5.0 for a while because I had so many high reviews, but some have gone down to 4.9 or 4.85 now. I must say I did enjoy being able to show off perfect feedback.

I don’t think I’ll try to get any reviews removed, but I will request a change if it’s 4 stars and the buyer says they meant to rate 5. I wonder about 4.5 and 4.7 star reviews though, as there is a chance that the resulting feedback could actually be lower due to the bug.