I started Fiverr about a month ago, and at first, I had hundreds of impressions, but no sales. I was wondering what I was doing wrong, and even took it to the forums. I got a positive response from 1st and 2nd Rated Sellers with some pretty great tips.
I run a blog based on technology which I have a Fiverr gig for. I write reviews of their product on it. A friend of mine just released his app on to the App Store, and decided to buy my gig (all though I was willing to do it free). This was my first sale which came from a: friends/colleagues b: social media (we actually met through Twitter). He left a good review.
I then got my second order yesterday, for another one of my gigs where I write a crowd-funding pitch. I put a lot of effort into this one for just $5, but it really payed off. Got the sale, and the good review. Today, I got another sale, which I’m working on now, for the same gig. He came in from the person who purchased my gig on Tuesday. This sale came in from a: good review b: happy buyer c: word-of-mouth referral.
All in all, what I am trying to say is, if you want more sales, and a good rating, follow these tips:
- Find friends or colleagues who may need your service.
- Make sure your gigs are something you can actually do and are good at.
- Use Social Media to your advantage!!!
- Put effort into your sales, it will end up with you getting a good review.
- Encourage people to refer you to their friends and colleagues.
- DON’T GIVE OUT FREEBIES!! They will most likely take it and leave it, if you do, put a watermark over it.
- Check Fiverr everyday, sometimes they don’t send you message notifications. Plus, when you’re online, it shows buyers, so that can lead to more sales. Try to keep your response time to 1 hr.
If you have any tips, let me know in the comments.