Getting no sales

abadshah34

Guest joethorn

Reply to @angela_writer:

It’s frustrating, isn’t it?

I had the same problem getting started too. If you really want sales, make your gig amazing for a short time. Maybe offer a 2000 word article in 24 hours. And sell it in your description.

It’s what I had to do.

After a day I had a sale, and everything improved from there. When you have double figure feedback, you can reduce the word count, yet still keep your customers and your rep.

My advice, do NOT offer several different gigs that you “might” be good at as some suggest. Highlite the skills you are absolutely amazing at. Make your picture and wording (description) eye catching and pleasant. Check your grammar even if you have to pay someone to do it for you, proofread your gigs I mean. I actually like your pictures. They are nice but not too busy. I personally can’t stand pictures that have a lot going on so I appreciate the simplistic tone of your photos. I would only offer one whiteboard gig, I saw you have three but what’s the difference? I think it could be confusing to buyers.

The biggest piece of advice is to be patient. I know it’s hard. I started on Fiverr, got absolutely no orders and ended up giving up. Over a month later, I received an email saying I had an order. I didn’t respond for three days because I honestly didn’t want to get my hopes up over one measly little order. However I ended up doing the order and I received a five star rating. After that my sales blew up basically. I have been receiving more sales steadily since then. It can take awhile but if you are doing everything to the best of your ability and following the advice of people who have achieved Fiverr success, eventually you will get there!

Hi Amir,

With trying to cater to English-speaking clientele, you need to be absolutely sure your grammar/spelling is spot on.

Personally, if I were looking through a list of possible gigs to order I would always lean toward the most professional, clean and correct option. If someone is misspelling words in their description, or their writing just doesn’t make sense, it makes me doubt their ability to get my project right.

Also, as Ashely points out, patience is key. I’ve been an active seller here for about two months and haven’t yet reached 20 total orders. I plan to spend as much time as I can on this forum to pick up some tips and tricks to increase sales. If I come across anything noteworthy I’ll pass it along.

Best of luck to you!

Jamie

Archived