Getting Notifications for change the Password?

Guest webx786

OMG. I did not know that that link was spam and I tried to change it but I couldn’t because of my security question.

I already contact CS about this problem as now I can’t change it at all.
Do you think my account will be blocked/ stolen?

Guest wordpress_exp2

Hi,
I’ve got the notice. Please Do not change your password because it is not FIVERR link.This link to “fiverr99”.When you will change password then Your Profile Can be hack.
Thanks

I’ve got answer from CS:
“Hi there,
Thank you for contacting us. This was a test feature which is legitimate and there is nothing to worry about. The notification you received is an error and we’re working on a change. In 3 hours, you will be able to proceed to reset the password via the new notification.
Thank you for your understanding.”

Hugo (Fiverr Customer Support)
Dec 5, 6:59 AM EST

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us. This was a test feature which is legitimate and there is nothing to worry about. The notification you received is an error and we’re working on a change. In 3 hours, you will be able to proceed to reset the password via the new notification.
Thank you for your understanding.

Your account will not be blocked or stolen, however if you typed your old or new password in the two boxes then they now know these two passwords. Contact CS and change your password to a newer one, a password that you didn’t use in the boxes, and you will be safe enough, hopefully!

The domain is still coming from .fiverr.com though. So my guess is that it is Legit! It just seems kinda weird how they put it in a pop up that looks like classic 1999 spam.lol For some reason I just really don’t think someone hacked the site to this extent. If so there are some MAJOR security problems with the site.

Thank you for the update!
I’m glad that it was a test as opposed to a security leak, but it really makes me question who’s running this place 🙂

The forum is constantly broken, features are implemented without a proper notice and now this. How many people got this message and how many read this forum? I bet they also saw a spike in CS volume.

Hopefully Fiverr learned something from this.

I just got an answer that it is a new feature that they are testing and here is the reply from CS:
“Hi there,
Thank you for your understanding.”

I had received this notification all day long. I contacted CS. I hope things will be OK. I didn’t change it. I thought something was not OK because I never received such a notification.

It will be great if The Fiverr Team would write a message on the Forum every time they do modifications. Just like they did regarding promoting the gigs.

Thank you! I will update my message after I will receive the answer from CS

Archived