Fiverr Forum

Getting sick of inbox message full of spam

Am i the only one getting sick of spam inbox msgs?

I get hyped everytime i get a notification thinking " woohoo time to get to work" , i open the msg and its "about one of my gigs so im thinking " ok its probably the details before ordering my gigs :smiley: " …just to find out its just a spam message like this one.

Hi,

This is an invitation to join our brand new freelance marketplace HIS WEBSITE (US based ).

Your one stop shop for freelance both online and offline .

Get match with freelancer and employee in seconds.

Post and Search is free, paid only when your project is finished and satisfy .

What categories does HIS WEBSITE cover ?

We have more than 105 skils that can you choose, include :

• Construction
  • Web design / IT
  • Marketing
  • IOS, Android App
  • Music / Video
  • Hourly labor
  • Writing/ translation

And More And More

HIS WEBSITE fit in any time , any budget .

Check it out NOW !

I dont like this, i know people have to market their websites and stuff but why inbox users about this crap and waste my time . I already reported the user and its not the first time this has happened to me.

I would not dare to inbox any user on their gigs and go " hey… this is not about your gig …instead :smiley: GO VISIT MY WEBSITE OR BUY MY GIGS!" .

I hate that aproach , why bother people? Let them find you, they know how to use the “Search” function on fiverr.

Thats my rant :slight_smile:

has this happened to you?

What do you think should be done about this?

Thanks, Biancha~! Your English is very good, no need to apologize at all! I learned French a zillion years ago, rarely used it & have forgotten it, so you are WAY ahead of me in language skills. :wink:

(Except the Spanish I needed to help women have babies, which was “push!”, “don’t push!” and “are you in pain?” ~lol~)

Reply to @celticmoon: i agree! and thanks! my gigs are humble :slight_smile: i wish i could do things like you do, however , im terrible with sawing machines and knitting things.

Sorry for my english :slight_smile: my main lang is spanish! Your panda is so cute! X_X

Thanks, Biancha~! Your English is very good, no need to apologize at all! I learned French a zillion years ago, rarely used it & have forgotten it, so you are WAY ahead of me in language skills. :wink:

(Except the Spanish I needed to help women have babies, which was “push!”, “don’t push!” and “are you in pain?” ~lol~)

Reply to @celticmoon: i agree! and thanks! my gigs are humble :slight_smile: i wish i could do things like you do, however , im terrible with sawing machines and knitting things.

Sorry for my english :slight_smile: my main lang is spanish! Your panda is so cute! X_X

I occasionally get spam along the lines of what you got. I always “Report” the message because then customer support can ban the account, since spamming isn’t allowed. CS doesn’t know about the spam unless we tell them!

Reply to @celticmoon: Yeah i already sent them a msg but i just dont get why people would want to spam people who are trying to make some cash by providing a service for others. I know spams is everywhere but yeah. I know a captcha system wont stop them because they can simply fill up the captcha and spam us.

Why would somebody spam fiverr sellers? its like teasing us. like " yeah u tought u had an order, well screw you! Read my spam!"

I know its easy just to ignore it but i know if i get sloppy and ignore my fiverr emails, my response time will drop from 1hr to maybe 2 or a day .

We need more ways to pinpoint the spammers, for example. Dont let unveryfied users contact sellers. If you register, you need to put a pic, link your fb, link your g+ link your whatever it takes in order to contact sellers. I know its a hostile approach but 100% of spammers who contacted me , had no profile pic, no credible “personal description” and names like “imspam01” “youbee02” ( those are not real user names its just an example )

Anyways yeah, something has to be done, pew pew pew lol.

I believe the main reason spammers target Fiverr members is because sellers have funds on the Fiverr platform which we periodically move out to Paypal or wherever. They want to find some way, any way, to connect with us, get a communication going, fool us into going off-site or whatever, because then they might be able to slip malware onto us, or trick a password out of us. Then they quickly pounce and “relieve” us of our money.

So, like a bank robber doesn’t go steal bits of money from everyone in town who has a bank account…they try to find a vulnerability within the bank itself, where all the money sits. And usually the weakest security is when money is being moved, as when we move our funds off of Fiverr.

I totally agree with you: it’s a serious problem, and hopefully we can all help each other by sharing our experiences & knowledge, keeping Fiverr informed of our problems, and constantly being aware! (*). Fiverr is only as good as its members, but it’s a constant process to keep the riff-raff outta here!

P.S. You have nice gigs! Best of luck to you~

:slight_smile:

Reply to @celticmoon: French is a sexy lang. lol.

you helped people have babies! then you said "empuja! No empujes! , Tienes dolor? hahahahhaha :smiley:

And that was the extent of my Spanish! What you wrote! ~lol~ (There were a few slang words, too, mostly related to bodily functions that only nurses are forced to take an interest in, due to our job of taking care of the WHOLE patient…but that’s all I’m going to say!) ~:>

Reply to @celticmoon: i wish i was a nurse…but i have aichmophobia X_X.

i faint when i see needles lol.

This forums is good , i can practice my english hahahahaah.

Oh, yes, lots of people don’t like needles. :frowning: The very first shot I had to give was to the big brother of a very good friend of mine from high school. But he was in pain, I had the drugs, so he didn’t care about pulling his pants down. (I, on the other hand, almost fainted, I was so scared! :-SS ~lol~ We both survived~)

Your English really is wonderful~ But, yes, I can see that chatting on the forums is probably good practice. :)]

Reply to @celticmoon: oh! So im not alone ! Yay!

I really avoid getting sick , i rarely go out . That way i wont need to go to the doctor to get a shot X_X .

when i see the needle the nurses always have to give me something on a envelope that smells so yuck so i dont faint ahahha is it amonia? >_> i dont really know, but its the only way i dont go lights out .

Nice to meet you btw ;D

Yes, smelling salts is actually a little glass or plastic vial filled with ammonia. When I had patients who warned me they might pass out, I had a few tricks I used that worked well (and with children…I worked in a pediatric office for many years also), but having them lie down was the best way to avoid any mishaps!

Stay well, biancha!

Reply to @celticmoon: you worked with patients , you must love your work , i could not even give other people medicine X_X. I just caught cold! X_X oh no! ahaaah