Getting started is hard

quilstudios

If you mold your offerings according to the micro gig format, you will start seeing sales. It varies from niche to niche, but there are not many Java related gigs on Fiverr so that market is yours to tap. There are less than half a dozen people who are offering Java gigs, and each one of them has made an average of ~120 sales.

It will take some A/B testing and tweaking to get it right. Some niches favor broad and generic titles like ‘I will be your [X programming language] expert’, others do well for highly specific titles like ‘I will debug [X lines of code]’. In my experience, knowledge based gigs like ‘I will teach you [X]’ are difficult to sell, given the pervasiveness of free tutorials and e-learning material available on the internet.

I was feeling extra c̶r̶e̶e̶p̶y curious today so I went through the Java gigs on Fiverr. Most of the delivered gigs are applets with a GUI. People are looking for a quick way to have an app made or college kids getting their homework done.

I’ve tried to offer various technical gigs and it’s not that it is hard because the market is saturated with too many sellers but there aren’t too many technical buyers. So, instead of ‘I will do PHP consulting for 30 minutes’ if it is turned into ‘I will install a visually appealing popup form on your website’ it sells better. Just wrap your core offering with better wrapping paper, that is the key to making sales as a programmer in a micro-gig ecosystem.

Try A/B testing with something like ‘I will reskin your Android app’ or ‘I will do a cool [thing] with JavaFX/Java Swing GUI’.

If you mold your offerings according to the micro gig format, you will start seeing sales. It varies from niche to niche, but there are not many Java related gigs on Fiverr so that market is yours to tap. There are less than half a dozen people who are offering Java gigs, and each one of them has made an average of ~120 sales.

It will take some A/B testing and tweaking to get it right. Some niches favor broad and generic titles like ‘I will be your [X programming language] expert’, others do well for highly specific titles like ‘I will debug [X lines of code]’. In my experience, knowledge based gigs like ‘I will teach you [X]’ are difficult to sell, given the pervasiveness of free tutorials and e-learning material available on the internet.

I was feeling extra c̶r̶e̶e̶p̶y curious today so I went through the Java gigs on Fiverr. Most of the delivered gigs are applets with a GUI. People are looking for a quick way to have an app made or college kids getting their homework done.

I’ve tried to offer various technical gigs and it’s not that it is hard because the market is saturated with too many sellers but there aren’t too many technical buyers. So, instead of ‘I will do PHP consulting for 30 minutes’ if it is turned into ‘I will install a visually appealing popup form on your website’ it sells better. Just wrap your core offering with better wrapping paper, that is the key to making sales as a programmer in a micro-gig ecosystem.

Try A/B testing with something like ‘I will reskin your Android app’ or ‘I will do a cool [thing] with JavaFX/Java Swing GUI’.

A lot of the services and things offered here electronically delivered.

There are a few folks I have noticed that actually craft physical products.

I also see that there is not much in the way of physically local products

and services. So Hmm…

Hi folks. I’m newe here. Please check out some of my Gigs to see if there might be of anything to benefit you. I also consider sometimes trading services for services.

I also consider sometimes trading services for services.

I’m not sure this can work. You need to place an order in order to get a service, and others need to order from you in order to receive your service. Ordering from each other can be seen as review exchange/manipulation.

Archived