Getting to Trust Level 2 (Member) on the forum

misscrystal

Here are the requirements for getting the Trust Level 2, which is Member, from Basic on the new forum:

They can get to trust level 1 by…

entering at least 5 topics
reading at least 30 posts
spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
Admins can change these thresholds in…

basic_requires_topic_entered
basic_requires_read_posts
basic_requires_time_spent_mins
Users at trust level 1 can…

use all core Discourse functions
Upload images and attachments if enabled
Edit wiki posts
Flag posts
have all new user restrictions removed

1. I was wondering, when they say entering at least 5 topics, do they mean starting new threads?
    Or simply visiting and commenting on ongoing threads?

2. How does the forum know if we read 30 posts or not?

3. I am unclear about Admins changing thresholds. Does this mean they can promote or demote users at will?

4. I see forum users with the Basic badge who have entered photos and memes in their posts, which is supposedly a part of Level 1, not basic. EDIT: I see that Basic is level 1 and Member is level 2.

Hopefully some of this will be cleared up.
( I think this is my second or third new topic)

One of my favorite new features is seeing the little profile pics of each user lined up under each thread. So cool!

@misscrystal
Question 1 : It means just opening 5 topics. (No need to comment)
Question 2 : When you first open an unread topic you can see a blue dot on the top-right corner of unread posts which fades away after a few seconds, it marks that you read that post. Like this, the forum knows that if you read X posts or not.
Question 3 : Don`t know about this properly. I think it means that these requirements can be changed anytime by admins with/without prior consent.
Question 4 : They can post 1 image as told here.

@misscrystal

Question 2 : When you first open an unread topic you can see a blue dot on the top-right corner of unread posts which fades away after a few seconds, it marks that you read that post. Like this, the forum knows that if you read X posts or not.

Question 3 : Don`t know about this properly. I think it means that these requirements can be changed anytime by admins with/without prior consent.

Thank you so much for the information.

You are a genius!

@misscrystal

It looks like Basic and Trust Level 1 are the same thing, so now I’m working on Level 2.

When you first open an unread topic you can see a blue dot on the top-right corner of unread posts which fades away after a few seconds, it marks that you read that post. Like this, the forum knows that if you read X posts or not.

I haven’t seen the blue dot yet.

It looks like Basic and Trust Level 1 are the same thing, so now I’m working on Level 2.

When you first open an unread topic you can see a blue dot on the top-right corner of unread posts which fades away after a few seconds, it marks that you read that post. Like this, the forum knows that if you read X posts or not.

I haven’t seen the blue dot yet.

Screen.jpg.68449e3e188c92473846e680eff29185.jpg

It fades pretty quick though and is only visible on the topics you never visited(unread). Btw you already achieved the LVL2 requirements, didn`t you? Just that 15 days that will pass automatically. 🙂

Archived