Fiverr Community Forum

Getty Image search return no results on Fiverr, but searching on Gettys website returns plenty

I’m having problems with Getty. My buyer has made an order for an article about electronic cigarettes, which I have written. Now I’m trying to use the Getty images search in the order to find an illustration, but it returns no results for “Electronic Cigarette”, “e-cig”, “vaping” etc.

When I search on the website of Getty gettyimages.es, it has many images with electronic cigarettes.I can’t deliver my order when Fiverr won’t let me search for relevant images. Other search terms such as “woman” works just fine. Do Fiverr censor some search terms?

1 Like

hello…
smashradio
Getty is here again

Not sure what you mean @dmmdriyajul - Getty is technically working - I can search for stuff like “woman” or “boat” and it returns loads of results.

The term “vape” will return a few relevant images to the article, but when I search the actual website of Getty I get loads of relevant results that will not show up on Fiverr. It’s only for the very specific terms I need - relevant to the article, while every other search term seems to work normally.

1 Like

Did you try contacting Customer Support to ask? I’ve had some difficult using the Getty feature too, though not specifically what you mentioned. It wouldn’t surprised me if there are limits on what images are tagged to be sold through Fiverr. CS might know the answer, so it couldn’t hurt ask them.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve contacted them. I found one image that will work, even though I would like to deliver something better. Making a custom blog graphic to go along with the delivery as a compensation, because the timer is running :slight_smile:

1 Like

I understand. If you find out anything, I would love to hear an update. I’m considering not using the Getty extra and just selling my own image service for blog writing. The last time I really needed to use it, the buyer wanted a custom quote that included it. I ended up not being able to use the Getty extra because it can’t be included in a custom quote (so far.) I just haven’t had the best of luck with it. I’m glad you found something you could use! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will update here when I get a reply from CS. I’m also considering removing it, and instead having an extra for images from free stock sites. I just have to check the legal stuff and rights for that first, but that is a discussion for another day :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply!

1 Like

Getty Images on Fiverr is not the same as the main Getty Images website.

The images are taken from one of their sub-brands. Istock Photos, I think it is called. The selection there is VERY limited and, to be honest, should not even be advertised as Getty on this website.

1 Like

Wow, didn’t know that. That would almost be fraudulent!

1 Like

It technically is Getty, just not ‘Getty’. I think it is misleading as a few people have asked for specific images from the main Getty website.

I have turned off my Getty thing now. Waste of time. Had about 30 orders with it. Not worth the extra $1.70 or whatever. Would be easier if the customer could choose their own image and give it to you. Now, I have to go through countless images to select which one was right for them. 9/10, they are not happy with the image that you select. They don’t leave negative feedback, but I know it irks them.

This is the site they come from, I believe:

1 Like

I see. I deactivated it on my Gig as well now.

Would it be a problem selling stock photos with an extra? Let’s say I want to sell stock photos from Adobe Stock. Would Fiverr take an issue with that, considering they are promoting “Getty”?

1 Like

A lot of companies won’t allow you to buy their stock photographs and sell them on. I doubt Fiverr would have an issue with it, though.

2 Likes

I have sold stock photos with my own extra. I only use ones in the public domain or with proof I can offer to show that they are free for commercial use to be on the totally safe side. My service is for me to search for the freebie image, not for the ownership of it. Fiverr has approved the gig with the extra several times after edits and variations and I’ve never had an issue. I always assume I could be asked to remove the extra, but so far, so good.

2 Likes