Fiverr Forum

GGGrrrrrrrrrr! Communicate damit!

Just need a minute here to vent to my Fiverr pals. I know it happens now and again but I have a buyer who just won’t communicate clearly what they want. I’m up to about 70 messages back and forth (yes 70!) and I’m getting a good amount of what they don’t like which is only slightly helpful. It still leaves infinite possibilities of what they would like. It’s one of my highest dollar orders to date and I don’t think they’re playing me. I think they have an idea in their head that they’re not getting across to me clearly so I’m just fishing for something that works.

I just sent them a long message expressing that I thought we weren’t communicating clearly and they need to be specific and supplied them with examples of what I meant. They liked one of my suggestions so that’s progress and I’m determined to figure it out. It’s just been a long road.

So I’m taking some deep breaths, cracked a beer and I’m getting back to it. Just wanted to type that out and let it go!

LMAO Ang! Thanks for that! The laugh and the correction.

I feel much better and I’m making headway with the client! Thanks!

If you weren’t 3000 miles away and married I’m may be feeling good enough to flirt with you. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean.)

You’re always so friendly and helpful… it’s really pretty awesome!

Thanks!

YAY! Perseverance pays off! I finally got an “I love it!” from the client. 90 messages later and who knows how many revisions I got 'em. I worked my *ss of for it but I’m 99% sure I made a customer for life!

Oh I have so been there. Remember, for every frustrating customer, you have 20 amazing ones!!!

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but this SAME thing is happening to me. I was ready to do the order after three messages, but she just keeps sending me messages, totally unrelated to the gig (about her personal life…) and then getting angry when I don’t respond. Not to be insensitive, but I only get four bucks out of this transaction, and it frankly isn’t worth my time to continue to message back and forth and back and forth, especially about things that aren’t related to the gig, and ESPECIALLY when you haven’t purchased anything.

I can’t imagine going seventy messages! But your buyer got what he wanted, so that’s worth it!

Reply to @emasonwrites: Not to be nit-picky, but you only get $3.92 out of every transaction if you choose to “cash out” under $50. joking, (but it sounds way worse that $4) :stuck_out_tongue:

Reply to @cheezees: Haha, it’s not nit-picky, it’s true!