So to understand this issue first you have to understand how search engines work.
Let us assume for our understanding that keywords are like folders.
When you list your gig for a certain keyword, your gig is basically placed in that folder with all the other gigs that used the same keyword.
Now whenever someone searches for that keyword, a list of all the gigs enlisted in that folder are shown to them. But all the gigs cannot be shown at once.
So what happens is that search engines rank gigs on certain criteria. Basically what that criteria is nobody knows for sure except the fiverr people who made that search engine.
So now coming over to your problem that you are not finding yourself. It is the reason that there are too many gigs ranked above your gig that your gig is burried down. Whenever you want to use a certain keyword first search how many gigs are using that keyword. If it is below 10k you can use that, above that is too high competition for new gigs.
Now coming over to how search engines(generally) rank results. It is based on many factors. The top most being
- How well optimized for search that gig is
- How many visits they are getting
- Impressions to click ratio
- Click to order ratio
- How many social media clicks(external traffic that you are bringing to your gig)
A few advises for you
- Change up your keywords, use the main keyword in your description 2-3 times as well, be creative with it. Dont just write it three times use it in sentences.
- Use a combination of long tail and short tail keywords (e.g. business logo design can be a long tail keyword, just logo design is a short tail keyword)
- Use less competitive keywords.
- Improve your description and gig title, it must include the main keyword you want to rank on.
I hope these tips helps you. I am going to make this into a separate post to help others as well.