Fiverr Community Forum

Gig Denied After 2 Years

One of my most popular gigs has been denied after nearly 2 years and my only option is to delete it? I have done the dance with customer “support” who just regurgitate the terms and conditions line. I asked if I can know what the problem was so I can fix it. Is it an image? Is it wording? What? Nothing.
Apparently there is nothing I can do but delete this very good gig with all its history, comments and kudos and start from scratch - that is just not right. I also like the veiled threat from “James” my “support” guy that “bad” gigs could result in my account being cancelled. Thanks, mate.
Sellers, I need your feedback and fiverr - what are my options here?

This is the second post like this I’m seeing today! I don’t have any constructive suggestions for you since I’m new. I’m curious to see if either the Admins can lead you to a proper solution, or at least provide you with what in your gig needs to be changed (if anything).

There isn’t any expiration date on posted gigs, is there?

I have got the same issue, after a year active , my gig has just been denied for no reason or a reason that doesn’t make any sense. After have looked in the internet I have seen similar issues with how Fiverr customer support treat harshly their sellers. James also was harsh with me. I had no solution and talk to Fiverr CEO in person by asking him to take a look at the fiverr customer support representative, if we are all united and talk to the CEO about problems, I think he could make Fiverr better.

I have same issue and dont see any strong resolution. There must be a valid reason to deny or removal of gig and there must be a chance to correct it, if anything is wrong.

I also have 5 years old gig which getting DENIED after hundreds of sales. I suspect there are some bad guys who report the gig as spammy or illegal or something, because neither Fiverr nor me as seller ever did a major change to gig description or picture or something.

Let’s unite and report to Fiverr

This is bad guys, very bad.

Same thing with my 2 years best seller gig, they just denied the gig after 0 problems at all ;/

400 reviews and 2 years of work to the trash…

Already contact the CS but after telling me several diferent reasons that doesn’t make any sense now they don’t even aswer…

I’m having that problem with one of my best gigs today, suddenly denied after several months of good reviews and sales. All they told me in customer support was that it was illegal/spammy and never cited WHY it was suddenly considered that. It’s a custom graphics gig, for heaven’s sake! And I don’t even use images unless they’re royalty-free/free to use, or I pay a licensing fee. I’m really disappointed about this. Have any of you gotten a resolution when it happened to you?

I’m having that problem with one of my best gigs today, suddenly denied after several months of good reviews and sales. All they told me in customer support was that it was illegal/spammy and never cited WHY it was suddenly considered that. It’s a custom graphics gig, for heaven’s sake! And I don’t even use images unless they’re royalty-free/free to use, or I pay a licensing fee. I’m really disappointed about this. Have any of you gotten a resolution when it happened to you?

Same problem with one of my 1,5 year+ old gig .
Nothing to do… the customer support will do nothing… they will lose money for sure!

Did you got the solution to this issue? Fiver also denied my best performing gig after 2 years saying this service is not allowed however this is not the reason because there are almost 500 gigs in the same category and they didn’t removed any of the other gigs.