Gig Denied because of Copied gig description

Hi friends, I have a big problem with my main gig. This gig active for about 2 years and never had something before. Today I noticed a messages from Fiverr that my main gig denied. "Copied gig description - We noticed that your Gig description was copied from another Fiverr seller. We kindly ask that you to write your Gig description using your own original content when creating new Gigs. "
Is is very strange, I didn’t copy description from other sellers.
I contacted customer support immediately and waiting for the answer. What should I do in this situation? How can I alive my gig back?

It looks like you have another similar gig, paused now.

I’ve used Google cache to find your gig that was denied.

Parts of that gig’s description: “I will use my studio and specialized equipment to photograph your product and produce high-quality images for all your marketing and product photography needs.”

"This is a great gig for those who sell products on Amazon, eBay and more! "

"Every product is photographed to produce the most marketable images for your commercial use. "

Parts of another seller’s gig description (the seller was here much longer than you, and has a huge number of reviews on that gig, a lot more than you):

“I will use my studio and specialized equipment to photograph your product and produce high-quality images for all your product photography needs.”

“This is a great gig for those that sell on Amazon, Etsy, eBay, etc.”

“Every product is photographed to produce the most marketable images for your commercial use.”

So, unless you can prove that you wrote your description first, your gig is likely to remain denied.

If you did copy parts of the description, perhaps you can apologize to CS, promise never to do it again (also, to prove it, change the description of your paused gig, too), and ask them to restore your gig so that you can change the description immediately.

Parts of that gig’s description: “I will use my studio and specialized equipment to photograph your product and produce high-quality images for all your marketing and product photography needs.”

"Every product is photographed to produce the most marketable images for your commercial use. "

Parts of another seller’s gig description (the seller was here much longer than you, and has a huge number of reviews on that gig, a lot more than you):

“I will use my studio and specialized equipment to photograph your product and produce high-quality images for all your product photography needs.”

“Every product is photographed to produce the most marketable images for your commercial use.”

So, unless you can prove that you wrote your description first, your gig is likely to remain denied.

If you did copy parts of the description, perhaps you can apologize to CS, promise never to do it again (also, to prove it, change the description of your paused gig, too), and ask them to restore your gig so that you can change the description immediately.

Thank you so much for your answer. It makes sense to me now. I will defiantly follow your suggestions!

Wow. These are excellent suggestions.

You did a great job helping this user out! Thank you <3

Friends, How do you like answers from Customers support! I feel that I am not respected:(
Please help you, what should I do? 🙏 I need my gig back​:sob:!
Apr 5, 1:23 PM EDT
Hello Tatiana,
Thank you for contacting us about this. Unfortunately, it appears your Gig description was copied from another Fiverr seller, and your Gig has been removed. We kindly ask that you write your Gig descriptions using your own original content when creating new Gigs. For more information, please review our Terms of Service.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.

ME: Hello. Thank you for your reply but didn’t give me an answer to my questions. I asked you to send me what exactly I copied? Otherwise It looks like you blaming me in what I didn’t not do!
I don’t have an excellent English and I asked another person to help me with writing my description. I need to know what was copied from another seller?

Roberto (Fiverr Customer Support)
Apr 5, 1:48 PM EDT
Hello again Tatiana,

Thank you for following up with us. Unfortunately, due to our Privacy Policy, we won’t be able to disclose this information. Rest assure prior to taking this decision our Trust and Safety team went over your Gig and your account. You should be able to create a Gig with your own description before requesting someone else to write this for you.
Please let me know if there’s anything else I can assist,

ME: It was not fully created by another person! Just a description, the person helped me with English grammar.
This was my main gig with 5 start review and good analytics. I truly apologize that if something were copied on my side. I will re-write everything by myself. Please give me a permission to access my gig and I will re-write everting today and I promise it will never happen again! Sorry for that! Roberto, I hope you can understand my situation and can help me. Please tell me what should I do? How can I change the situation? May be I need to contact trust and safety team? I am very upset about this situation and if I knew it later that this could happen I would never, never do it. 😦 I am sorry…

Apr 5, 4:11 PM EDT
Hello again,
I understand your frustration, however, you will need to create a new Gig with your own description. Keep in mind that we need to abide by our own Terms of Service, the Gig was denied and we won’t be able to reinstate it. Thank you for understanding,

Friends, How do you like answers from Customers support! I feel that I am not respected:(

Apr 5, 1:23 PM EDT

Hello Tatiana,

Thank you for contacting us about this. Unfortunately, it appears your Gig description was copied from another Fiverr seller, and your Gig has been removed. We kindly ask that you write your Gig descriptions using your own original content when creating new Gigs. For more information, please review our Terms of Service.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

ME: Hello. Thank you for your reply but didn’t give me an answer to my questions. I asked you to send me what exactly I copied? Otherwise It looks like you blaming me in what I didn’t not do!

I don’t have an excellent English and I asked another person to help me with writing my description. I need to know what was copied from another seller?

Hello again Tatiana,

Thank you for following up with us. Unfortunately, due to our Privacy Policy, we won’t be able to disclose this information. Rest assure prior to taking this decision our Trust and Safety team went over your Gig and your account. You should be able to create a Gig with your own description before requesting someone else to write this for you.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can assist,

ME: It was not fully created by another person! Just a description, the person helped me with English grammar.

This was my main gig with 5 start review and good analytics. I truly apologize that if something were copied on my side. I will re-write everything by myself. Please give me a permission to access my gig and I will re-write everting today and I promise it will never happen again! Sorry for that! Roberto, I hope you can understand my situation and can help me. Please tell me what should I do? How can I change the situation? May be I need to contact trust and safety team? I am very upset about this situation and if I knew it later that this could happen I would never, never do it. 😦 I am sorry…

Apr 5, 4:11 PM EDT

Hello again,

I understand your frustration, however, you will need to create a new Gig with your own description. Keep in mind that we need to abide by our own Terms of Service, the Gig was denied and we won’t be able to reinstate it. Thank you for understanding,

How do you like answers from Customers support! I feel that I am not respected:(

I feel that Customer Support treated you with a great deal of respect. Many people don’t get such detailed answers as the one you got. It sounds like they explained the issue to you in great detail and that was kind of them. They didn’t have to do that.

You broke the rules when they found that your gig description was copied. It doesn’t matter who helped you. It is your account and your gig. You could have hired a trusted proofreader instead, but you didn’t choose that. Rules are rules.

Fiverr has already explained to you that your gig cannot be restored under any circumstances. You can make a new one. That is how business works. Good luck.

How do you like answers from Customers support! I feel that I am not respected:(

I feel that Customer Support treated you with a great deal of respect. Many people don’t get such detailed answers as the one you got. It sounds like they explained the issue to you in great detail and that was kind of them. They didn’t have to do that.

You broke the rules when they found that your gig description was copied. It doesn’t matter who helped you. It is your account and your gig. You could have hired a trusted proofreader instead, but you didn’t choose that. Rules are rules.

Fiverr has already explained to you that your gig cannot be restored under any circumstances. You can make a new one. That is how business works. Good luck.

I didn’t receive a detailed answer at all. I still don’t know what i did wrong. How can i know that it was not a mistake? I know that I didn’t copy anything…

I didn’t receive a detailed answer at all. I still don’t know what i did wrong. How can i know that it was not a mistake? I know that I didn’t copy anything…

They gave you you nearly 200 words of information. For Fiverr, that is detailed.

I still don’t know what i did wrong.

Find, here is one thing you did wrong: First thing, in your own words:

I asked another person to help me with writing my description.

It should be obvious to you that you are responsible for whatever is written on your description. Still, Fiverr explained it to you again:

You should be able to create a Gig with your own description

It does not matter if the other person wrote part of your description or not, you are responsible for what was there. Then you said this:

I truly apologize that if something were copied on my side. I will re-write everything by myself.

So, you are aware for sure that you have write your own. There is clearly no mistake. Fiverr is kindly allowed you to keep your account- they COULD have just closed your whole account. Instead, they will allow you to create a new gig and write everything by yourself, as you said.

you will need to create a new Gig with your own description. Keep in mind that we need to abide by our own Terms of Service, the Gig was denied and we won’t be able to reinstate it.

So, in response to:

How can i know that it was not a mistake? I know that I didn’t copy anything…

Fiverr already checked it for you repeatedly and there was no mistake. Either you copied someone or someone else did it on your behalf. You can complain about it if you want to, but there is no amount of complaining that will change the facts. Create a new gig or don’t. It’s up to you.

Now you have a highly detailed response from an unbiased person who read your responses and Fiverr’s responses. I am a seller too, I understand how it is. There is nothing else you can do.

I thought you already received an answer about this from @catwriter? :thinking:

Every product is photographed to produce the most marketable images for your commercial use. "

@catwriter explained why your gig was likely to stay denied in this link:

It looks like you have another similar gig, paused now. I’ve used Google cache to find your gig that was denied. Parts of that gig’s description: “I will use my studio and specialized equipment to photograph your product and produce high-quality images for all your marketing and product photography needs.” "This is a great gig for those who sell products on Amazon, eBay and more! " "Every product is photographed to produce the most marketable images for your commercial use. " Parts of anot…

I paused that gig by myself.
There is another gig that was denied and I don’t know why. I didn’t receive any proof that I did something wrong. I just received an answer that I did something agains policy and if I was blamed in something I thing I should receive a proof of what I did wrong. Why customer support didn’t sent me a screenshot or something that can point on what was copied?

But @catwriter explained what she found on google concerning your denied gig.

At any rate CS has given you your answer and we here can not help you any further. You need to rewrite your gig description in order to have it go live.

I paused that gig by myself.

There is another gig that was denied and I don’t know why. I didn’t receive any proof that I did something wrong. I just received an answer that I did something agains policy and if I was blamed in something I thing I should receive a proof of what I did wrong. Why customer support didn’t sent me a screenshot or something that can point on what was copied?

Why customer support didn’t sent me a screenshot or something that can point on what was copied?

Customer Support is not obligated to send screenshots, I mean seriously? Roberto the CS Rep clearly stated below 🔻. At this point, you’re just going around in circles like a merry-go-round. CS made a final decision, you’re not happy about it, however, your options are limited. It’s up to you if you want to create a new gig, the denied gig was tossed into the abyss. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Hello again Tatiana,

Fyi~ Don’t keep hounding CS about the issue, I’ve read where people got suspended or blocked.

After reading Roberto’s responses, they were very professional and informative.

Guest offlinehelpers

Then something Ian wondering about her or he.

Then something Ian wondering about her or he.

Sorry - who’s Ian please, and what’s he wondering about?

Archived