Gig denied for no reason

hipie007

I have a gig where I offer to post 2 to 10 articles on Reddit, for $5 - $30 since January this year. I’ve had 7 orders with this gig in total, but now, after eight months, it is denied. The reason is “Third party TOS violation - Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings as this is misleading to our buyers.”

The strange thing is, that the gigs of all my competitors are still up. I’m offering the exact same thing as they are, yet my gig is taken down.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? Should I contact CS?

I have a gig where I offer to post 2 to 10 articles on Reddit, for $5 - $30 since January this year. I’ve had 7 orders with this gig in total, but now, after eight months, it is denied. The reason is “Third party TOS violation - Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings as this is misleading to our buyers.”

The strange thing is, that the gigs of all my competitors are still up. I’m offering the exact same thing as they are, yet my gig is taken down.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? Should I contact CS?

The strange thing is, that the gigs of all my competitors are still up.

They haven’t been caught yet?

It looks like your gig was, basically, spamming Reddit (from Reddit’s definition of spam: “If your contribution to Reddit consists primarily of submitting links to a business that you run, own or otherwise benefit from, tread carefully.”). That’s against Reddit’s Terms of Service, and violating a third party’s Terms of Service is strictly forbidden.

I might be wrong, so, if you wish to be certain, contact CS and ask them for an explanation.

Archived