Gig denied for "Third Party TOS violation," but still don't know why

I had a reasonably successful gig posted on Fiverr to write product reviews. After receiving several five-star reviews from happy customers, it was denied because of a “complaint” of a “third-party TOS violation.” I know TOS means “Terms of Service.”

I contacted Fiverr customer service to ask what happened, and why the gig was actually denied. I asked what I should change (or not do) to prevent gigs from being denied. I received a similar cryptic message saying something like, “Your gig was denied because of a third-party Terms of Service violation,” to to check the Terms of Service of all third parties." So basically, no information whatsoever.

Denying the gig was upsetting. Providing an explanation message that basically says nothing was more upsetting. Sending an email response that repeats the non-message is infuriating.

So, yes, I am very, very (very) upset at Fiverr – particularly since a quick glance at the forum tells me Fiverr denies certain users while allowing others who are basically doing the same thing.

Since Fiverr "customer support’ won’t answer, does anyone have any idea why this happened?

Thanks!

Dennis

what was the gig for and we may be able to figure it out.

Write and post a product review. I had one customer request two reviews of his product – one was about a month ago, but he wanted a new one yesterday. I completed his job.

I’ve done about 14 in the past month. All went well with no problems.

Unfortunately, Fiverr tends to be very cavalier when it comes to sellers. This needs to change.

Yes the denial process is quite random. Happened with me too. I couldn’t really do anything about it to be honest.

there is no “cavalier” or “random” about this one, you can’t offer product reviews it is against TOS of several sites.
They are cracking down hard as Amazon sued them.

repost it and you could get your entire account suspended.
I’m telling you it is against TOS of several sites and Fiverr doesn’t allow it.

I’m hopeful that customer support may provide more information.

So what “TOS” am I violating to offer to write a review of a product that I’m buying from a customer?

They want a new product reviewed. I buy their product. If I like their product, I write a good (honest) review. If I don’t like it (like one I did about two weeks ago – a rivet gun that didn’t work – I simply send the product back and don’t do the review for that product.

Are you saying that it is against Fiverr policy to write a product review for pay, even if you receive and like the product?

If this is the case, then I should close my fiverr account, because I have three gigs posted, and the other two have had only one customer buy one $5 gig. That would mean that my “Fiverr” earnings over the course of six weeks on the site would have been just $5.

ever since this:

They are cracking down on the word “review”. Keep reposting it and they’ll shut down the entire account. I’ve seen it. You can believe me or not, it’s up to you.

This is what you are violating if you offer reviews in almost all cases:

"Gigs may be removed by Fiverr for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials::…

…violation of a third party’s terms of service…"

and it goes on to say (as @uncarved mentioned) that:

“Gigs that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the suspension of the seller’s account.”

The issue is that almost all product sites do not allow honest or dishonest paid reviews. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Yelp, Goodreads - that’s just the start of the list. It’s against their rules and they are a “third party” since Fiverr doesn’t own them. So, most gigs that mention reviews will be denied and most sellers who keep trying to sell them will end up without an account. You might want to consider selling something else.

I didn’t know that :confused:

Wow! Great information. I don’t agree with the policy, but it’s good to know.

I still find it odd that Fiverr approved the gig when I posted it, but denied it after I had about a bunch of five-star reviews.

Thank you for posting the answer. You’ve done more than Fiverr to let me know why this happened.

That’s Fiverr for you. I had a gig removed because it ‘broke 3rd party rules’ but when I asked why, they just reinstated it! This was months ago and I still have no idea why!

I do programming service gig and also got flagged as 3rd party infringement.

Third party TOS violation - Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings as this is misleading to our buyers.