Fiverr Forum

Gig denied for TOS complaint

I have been a seller here for about a 5 years, and I just edited my main, oldest, best selling gig to be updated with the new format. Unfortunately, 12 hours later I get a notification:

Third party TOS violation - Your Gig has been flagged by our team following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use. As a valued member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings as this is misleading to our buyers.

I did not receive any additional information, now does the gig mention any other third party. Has anyone else seen this, and what happened?

It’s my understanding and I have no personal proof of this - just stories from other friends - that some of the screening must be done by computer. So likely it means that the program captured a word or words that set it off and you might want to contact customer service for assistance in fixing the situation. Upgrading the system is great - but there are always “bugs”.

I noticed that gig image is being shown instead of gig video for one of my gigs. And after I edited the video, I noticed that my gig was no more under my active gigs. Today I got the message that my gig has been denied due to inappropriate video!

-k

It would be a big help if people could be a little more specific in regard to the problem here.

What was your gig selling?

Did you create your video and have all necessary rights to use it?

What did your video say/show?

Without any of this information, no kind of theory can be put forward by anyone regarding why a gig or video might have been denied.

I was selling Backlinks created using senuke. The gig was 5 years old with a 4.9 star rating and about 4,000 orders to it. It was never an issue prior. The video was of me speaking about the gig and the types of links I create, not using the Senuke brand or its images.

Unfortunately I did receive a response from customer service, but it seems they just copy pasted what was listed on my dashboard:

Thank you for contacting us. I checked for you, and your Gig was denied for a potential violation to a third party’s Terms of Service. Any Gig that goes against the terms of service of a third party are in turn against our Terms of Service. Before creating a Gig that involves a third party, we ask that you please read that party’s Terms of Service and make sure your Gig is in compliance with those terms before publishing the Gig on Fiverr.

I asked for further details on the exact reason it was denied, asked if it could be restored to me so I could make the necessary changes to the gig, and reopen it. I was then given a very general response:

Your Gig has been denied for offering a service that was violating a third party TOS. Your Gig will not be restored.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do here? Is there another channel I could work through to get a better understanding of what is going on?

so back link means you place a link to buyer’s website?

Did you mention Google?

I had this for a gig that had been active for 2 years. I went to support and asked why, about an hour later it was reinstated. I asked but they wouldn’t tell me why it was taken down. Strange.

Something similar recently happened to me. I had an established gig that had been up for years, but I made some edits and then received a message from CS about violating TOS. It seems that editing or revamping an existing gig is drawing more attention to those gigs. I contacted CS and received a response that was not copy/paste like yours. My situation was a misunderstanding/error and my gig was reinstated.

My experience thus far is that if you mention Amazon, eBay or Google you will be algo-flagged.

It also happened to me just few moments ago.
My gig was selling programming service for Metatrader Forex platform. It is a really weird that I did not do anything bad or against the law, nor doing any blackhat things such as reverse engineering, reselling copyrighted products, etc.

Is there any possibility my gig was reported by competitor?

The same thing happened to me last week. And received the same caned responses. The worst thing about it i worked side by side with fiver editor team 8 months ago setting it up. Not they delete it and bumped me down to a level 2 seller.

Can you tell us what the gig was for? Did you mention any company in the gig in any way? Did you use any logos of any companies?