Gig, difference between pack and extra?

psykkopatte

Hello,

I saw different seller profiles who added 3 differents packs on their gig, or, only 1 pack called basic in which one they put a minimum price for it and then every features are as an extra.
In my case, I am providing video editing and for example, I would make a basic video editing for 5€ and color grading and motion designing would be a feature.
So, should I add these features in a pack or as an extra ? What is the difference if i put as extra instead of a pack or as a pack instead of an extra ?

Thanks for answers (I am not native english speaker, sorry if i made mistakes)

Interesting question.

It’ll take a bit to type out a detailed response, so while I’m doing that (Please see the (PPD) section.):

Introduction– This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ‘Other Resources’ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, and Tags (DE…

Interesting question.

It’ll take a bit to type out a detailed response, so while I’m doing that (Please see the (PPD) section.):

Introduction– This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ‘Other Resources’ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, and Tags (DE…

Ok, thanks for your answer, I think I understand, so extra would be like a fast delivery or more revisions possible.

First, looking at your post, I’m not sure I have enough details to give you an exact answer.

Also: some terminology.

Key Terms

Gig® Extras are additional services offered on top of the Seller’s Gig for an additional price defined by the Seller.

Gig® Packages allow Sellers to offer services in different formats and prices. Packages can include upgrades, which lets Sellers price their service for a basic price of over $5.​

So your question is: whether to make multiple packages, a single packages, and if the color grading and motion designing would be better as part of a package, or offered separately as extras?

The main difference is in your skill at editing and your speed at editing. Secondarily is how much video you’re offering to edit for $5 (are you editing 5 seconds of video, or 5 minutes?). Third is how detailed the edits will be: if ‘color grading’ is no more difficult than adding an auto-filter to a whole video, then yes, it should be part of the package; if you’re editing section-by-section and applying a manual filter for each scene, then it should probably be an extra.

There are a lot of variables that can determine the price you should set, and you should never be working for so little that it’s essentially free.

5€ is a standard video editing with basic transitions, something that could be indeed faster to make, motion designing and color grading are way longer to do because it contributes a lot to a video quality, it really makes the difference and it takes more long time.
And as you mentioned it, about total video time in minute, i don’t know at all how to manage it, because it really depends of what does customer want.

5€ is a standard video editing with basic transitions, something that could be indeed faster to make, motion designing and color grading are way longer to do because it contributes a lot to a video quality, it really makes the difference and it takes more long time.

And as you mentioned it, about total video time in minute, i don’t know at all how to manage it, because it really depends of what does customer want.

Hmm…

I would highly recommend applying point 3 of the (PPD) section in the post I shared.

As for the variables: based on this new information, you should consider making them extras, so that you can add time to the order as needed to make edits.

Hmm…

I would highly recommend applying point 3 of the (PPD) section in the post I shared.

As for the variables: based on this new information, you should consider making them extras, so that you can add time to the order as needed to make edits.

I compared with different video editors, they seem to decide total time in each of their packages, well, thanks for your answers, you helped me a lot 🙂

I compared with different video editors, they seem to decide total time in each of their packages, well, thanks for your answers, you helped me a lot 🙂

I would recommend looking at more gigs. Two is too small a sample size to make an informed decision. 5-10 gigs from each rank would be a bit better.

Archived