Gig Disappearance - What's Next?

emily_articles1

Last year, my best-selling gig was removed from the first page of the subcategory. I went from having 20-25 orders in queue to almost zero. Sales dried up, and there were no new messages to respond to. It was a hard pill to swallow. However, just like every new policy implemented, some people will be favored, while others will not. I mailed Fiverr support, and I got the usual template response I’ve seen on this forum a few times. I decided to try new strategies and see what I could do to get orders without being on the first page. I’ll share some of them and rate the effectiveness( at least from my experience) on a scale of 1-5.

• Buyer’s Request: I started using the buyers request section more often. I ensure that I send 2-5 requests daily. Though there are some weird request/prices on that section. Every Request won’t lead to a sale, but it’s better than not trying at all. I can say it’s been productive. (Rating 2/5)
  • Social Media Promotion : I tried promoting my gig using Facebook ads. I tried this for a few weeks, I can’t really say it worked or got orders from that method. However, it helps give my gig some exposure. It could be very expensive as well. (Rating 1/5)
  • Old Clients: Since I joined Fiverr, I’ve worked with over 3000 clients. I realized that I was sitting on a goldmine. I started sending them messages, asking how they’ve been faring (especially during this pandemic), and if they have projects that they need help with. The result has been amazing. I’ve gotten many orders from this simple method. For the clients that didn’t place orders immediately. It was an opportunity to catch up and brainstorm ideas about their next projects. It was also a great time for me to reflect on how much I’ve grown as a freelancer. (Rating 4/5)
  • Referrals: After every order I complete, I reach out to the clients and offer them discounts on their next order or referrals. I’ve gotten a few referrals using this method. (Rating 2/5)

Overall, your gig disappearing from its regular position is not the end of your freelancing career. It simply brings out the entrepreneurial spirit in you!

Last year, my best-selling gig was removed from the first page of the subcategory. I went from having 20-25 orders in queue to almost zero. Sales dried up, and there were no new messages to respond to. It was a hard pill to swallow. However, just like every new policy implemented, some people will be favored, while others will not. I mailed Fiverr support, and I got the usual template response I’ve seen on this forum a few times. I decided to try new strategies and see what I could do to get orders without being on the first page. I’ll share some of them and rate the effectiveness( at least from my experience) on a scale of 1-5.

• Buyer’s Request: I started using the buyers request section more often. I ensure that I send 2-5 requests daily. Though there are some weird request/prices on that section. Every Request won’t lead to a sale, but it’s better than not trying at all. I can say it’s been productive. (Rating 2/5)
  • Social Media Promotion : I tried promoting my gig using Facebook ads. I tried this for a few weeks, I can’t really say it worked or got orders from that method. However, it helps give my gig some exposure. It could be very expensive as well. (Rating 1/5)
  • Old Clients: Since I joined Fiverr, I’ve worked with over 3000 clients. I realized that I was sitting on a goldmine. I started sending them messages, asking how they’ve been faring (especially during this pandemic), and if they have projects that they need help with. The result has been amazing. I’ve gotten many orders from this simple method. For the clients that didn’t place orders immediately. It was an opportunity to catch up and brainstorm ideas about their next projects. It was also a great time for me to reflect on how much I’ve grown as a freelancer. (Rating 4/5)
  • Referrals: After every order I complete, I reach out to the clients and offer them discounts on their next order or referrals. I’ve gotten a few referrals using this method. (Rating 2/5)

Overall, your gig disappearing from its regular position is not the end of your freelancing career. It simply brings out the entrepreneurial spirit in you!

Old Clients: Since I joined Fiverr, I’ve worked with over 3000 clients. I realized that I was sitting on a goldmine. I started sending them messages

this is called spam… you might get in trouble for it if someone reports you

Archived