Fiverr Forum

Gig Extras dilemma

So many buyers still do not understand Gig Extras…

They demand for the Gig Extras features (even provide details/materials for it) BUT DO NOT ADD them into the order! ~X(

I have to explain one by one, scroll up and check at the top of the order page, add bla bla bla… and guess what?

She ordered a new gig! She must have thot Gig Extras means to order extra gig! ~X( ~X(

Haha yeah I told someone about the gig extras. How much the total price would be so they ordered multiples of the gig instead of the gig extra… :confused:

Oh well that’s part of being in a business… buyers who don’t understand something at once :slight_smile:

Yeah I get this A LOT but i just make sure when the buyer is in error that I post all order numbers under one gig so that I can mark “Extras” off when the main gig is complete. I think that it should show the extras screen for the customer to select if any once they click on order . Obviously still showing the option of extras on the gig page so they know you offer it.

I get a lot of questions before ordering and when I tell them prices and explain extras, one way I have been able to get folks to do it correctly - I tell them to order the main gig and once they have done that, they will be prompted afterwards to add extras. Basically, spell it out for them.

WE NEED A VIDEO we can simply share. Who wants to make it, I’ll pay the $5…

A video would be nice. I won’t have time to do it till after the holiday.

I think that’s not the mistake of buyers. Only those ask who who are new. Like they just search what they need. And they find similar/same service on fiverr in search engine. Then they just join and order. If you have to tell everytime again and again. Just write a text file including details. Just send or paste that text whoever ask you. Simple solution. (Just sharing my experience)

Why dont you just add the explanation to your description (or instructions)? You get a LOT of characters now, unlike before when it was really short.

Reply to @beatcraigslist: but not so many buyers will read the full descriptions and it’s very difficult to format the descriptions. The amount of times that I’ve had to explain something that is already explained in the instructions is ridiculous - not because the first explanation is bad but because they don’t read it. I actually had one buyer say “oh, sorry, I didn’t read all of it and just thought I’d order” grr.

Every week I have issues with the Extras for my family tree gig. For instance if they order two units (in my gig case paternal and maternal sides) then they can’t order the extras and so I created another gig for people who make mistakes or just cannot order the Extras. there are ways around everything and patience is the key

beatcraigslist said: Why dont you just add the explanation to your description (or instructions)? You get a LOT of characters now, unlike before when it was really short.

And this actually often adds to the confusion. How do you get someone to understand. OKAY I've stopped describing the $5 product, and I'm explaining the $50 gig Extra.

anarchofighter said: And this actually often adds to the confusion. How do you get someone to understand. OKAY I've stopped describing the $5 product, and I'm explaining the $50 gig Extra.
Yeah...I agree. The gig formatting is simply abysmal. I guess, &#@%#@ people just never will cease to amaze me. I can only look at things from my perspective and I am the type to read ever last word, so I guess I am not in the norm.

I guess you could always put some
, or ......., but then again that may throw off their train of thought......The train that is still stuck boarding at the station that is. :D

And also, BeatCraigsList

There’s plenty of blame and guilt to go around. As long as the “Descriptions” are a big block of ugly text with no formatting, no simple HTML/Rich Text, then all experts agree it will be both harder to read (and thus less read) and more likely to be misunderstood.

There’s only so much we can do. This is really one of the Fiverr imperatives.

Folks like OBG, MadMoo, myself and others do a lot of cheer leading and water carrying for Fiverr. This is one of the fixes we need them to do for us!

Yeah sometimes you have to remind them, but usually they don’t argue and go back and order the extras.